Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by kur4o »

Enable them both, first cvn is fixed and written and than sum is fixed and written.

If you post the plugin I can give it a try.

The other thing tunerpor is missing is e38 virtual ve tables. I will look how they are done and you can try to add some plugin for it.

Have no idea if it will work.

_________
In-Tech
Universal patcher also can be used to the check if the sums are good, no need to open with tunercat.

I found some bug that still persist, When you open the program and there is no file selected or open and press on fix checskum of files or extract all segments from file it shows a semi crash message. When a file is selected than the message is not shown and the dialog opens fine.

The new improvement over the extract window is great, I really like it.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I've tried it a few times, even when I set it up incorrectly it worked great!!! lol..

I do have a question, figured I'd make it a post since someone else might know..
1 byte determines DTC status.. Type a,b,c or not reported and also whether the MIL comes on or not.. This is all depending on bits set.. Is there an easier way to set this up in tuner pro than to create a flag for each DTC and each BIT?? What if I want to simply make the byte 00 if it's a 05 or an 06. I don't see how I can do that with a flag as I can only change 1 byte.. scaler could work but it's not very user friendly, and I might make simply make a table of EVERY dtc with some sort of a explanation in the description.. so open the table, find your DTC and you'll have to type in 00 to shut it all off, or change it to mil but not reporting, etc..
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Make a 1d table, label the dtcs and add a hint how to set it, 00=no mil, 01=?? and so on.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I was playing with the latest version and trying to do some segment swaps. When you extract from file it works only with full binaries. When I tried to extract a segment.bin I got this message

Code: Select all

Reading segment from file: C:\UNIVERSAL PATCHER\BINS\Bin\Bin\12588734.bin
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Adding a new button that can handle this will be great.
It may be named "select segment file" or something.
When the swap is done a validation check can be run to insure the new file is good. Like print a file info with the new and old segments and if the swaps match the numerical numbers.

On older bins that don`t have good p/n system a force checkbox might be needed.
A force checkbox might force the swap only on size check. If the sizes match force the swap.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:I was playing with the latest version and trying to do some segment swaps. When you extract from file it works only with full binaries. When I tried to extract a segment.bin I got this message

Code: Select all

Reading segment from file: C:\UNIVERSAL PATCHER\BINS\Bin\Bin\12588734.bin
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Adding a new button that can handle this will be great.
It may be named "select segment file" or something.
When the swap is done a validation check can be run to insure the new file is good. Like print a file info with the new and old segments and if the swaps match the numerical numbers.

On older bins that don`t have good p/n system a force checkbox might be needed.
A force checkbox might force the swap only on size check. If the sizes match force the swap.
Now it accept segment file and full binary, detecting automatically by file size which one.
Currently validating only file size, must be very "lucky" to find correct size, wrong segment. But I will add validation later.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Fixed bug which make app crash if no file loaded and clicked extract segments from files...
Added segment number validation to segment swap
small ui fixes
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:
The other thing tunerpor is missing is e38 virtual ve tables. I will look how they are done and you can try to add some plugin for it.
If I understand it correctly, tunerpro can have two types of plugins: checksum and emulation/data logging (RT)
Virtual tables should be directly supported by Tunerpo:
"Full-featured math engine with support for dozens of common functions (e.g. sin, cos, min, max, etc) and referential calculation (output from one calculation can be used as input for another)"
But I have never created any xdf (except simple xdf for e38 checksums) so I have no idea if this is what you need.
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

Hello,

I think I just managed to do my first ever segment swap and I did it with PCM Bin Builder. I removed a manual transmission from a model year 2001 Chevy 4x4 transmission LM7 engine BIN 12208322 and swapped in a 4L60E. Tuner Pro RT had always strongly cautioned me against making this change within the System area presumably because the checksums would be wrong. So . . . I never did . . . until now.

I checked my segment swapped and newly named file in Tuner Pro and sure enough, it now has a 4L60E embedded in it. The ultimate test for me will be later today when I try and write it to one of my 512k byte PCM devices using LS Droid. This will be fabulously awesome when LS Droid likes it.

It was not without some fright on my part that I did this segment swap and it was only by reading through much of the 23 pages contained in this Utility thread that I mustered the courage to try it. I know that coding people such as those of you herein doing this good work vigorously DESPISE writing code documentation and Help files for us mere Earthly mortals. How do I know this? My wife wrote code for the US Air Force a long time ago and she despised writing those kinds of help docs.

So please, let's work on that and I'm willing to assist here. Let me play around here a little more, swap a VIN or two, do some writing with LS Droid and let's see if we can add to the body of knowledge for PCM Bin Builder.

Rick
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

B52Bombardier1 wrote:Hello,

I think I just managed to do my first ever segment swap and I did it with PCM Bin Builder. I removed a manual transmission from a model year 2001 Chevy 4x4 transmission LM7 engine BIN 12208322 and swapped in a 4L60E. Tuner Pro RT had always strongly cautioned me against making this change within the System area presumably because the checksums would be wrong. So . . . I never did . . . until now.

I checked my segment swapped and newly named file in Tuner Pro and sure enough, it now has a 4L60E embedded in it. The ultimate test for me will be later today when I try and write it to one of my 512k byte PCM devices using LS Droid. This will be fabulously awesome when LS Droid likes it.

It was not without some fright on my part that I did this segment swap and it was only by reading through much of the 23 pages contained in this Utility thread that I mustered the courage to try it. I know that coding people such as those of you herein doing this good work vigorously DESPISE writing code documentation and Help files for us mere Earthly mortals. How do I know this? My wife wrote code for the US Air Force a long time ago and she despised writing those kinds of help docs.

So please, let's work on that and I'm willing to assist here. Let me play around here a little more, swap a VIN or two, do some writing with LS Droid and let's see if we can add to the body of knowledge for PCM Bin Builder.

Rick
You should be much more confident with the swap. It has all kind of protection so nothing to worry about. It is still unclear, the dependencies between segments. If you swap a trans should you also swap the transdiagnostic and so on.

Here are people like you can experiment and contribute to the project with first hand info what works and what not.

The worst case with the swaps can be the engine won`t run or act weird, but there is no way to brick the pcm since all checksums are updated. You will need some good library of stock files with the OS you have to get some options for swaps. The next task will be to label the segments with some description of their usage.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

joukoy wrote:0.10.5

Fixed bug which make app crash if no file loaded and clicked extract segments from files...
Added segment number validation to segment swap
small ui fixes
That fixed it perfectly.

The virtual tables are some kind of multi value math applied to the table, and nobody yet managed to configure the xdf for it.

I guess the values from table 1 are converted with value from other table and some scalars. I will look for more info how it works.