Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by kur4o »

All fixes worked great so far.

I made a list of stock cvn.
It uses some custom xml to rip gm cal segments CVNs.
Now I have trouble using it with other xml that use the same p/n .

It looks like the cvn p/n from the list is tied to the xml it is used with.

If you load the same p/n with different xml it doesn`t get recognized.
Maybe some multiple xmls in the cvn list will cure that.

Can we add the ability to update the cvn list with multiple xmls.

Take a look at it and I am sure you will get the best solution done.
Attachments
XML_v2.rar
(62.94 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:All fixes worked great so far.

I made a list of stock cvn.
It uses some custom xml to rip gm cal segments CVNs.
Now I have trouble using it with other xml that use the same p/n .

It looks like the cvn p/n from the list is tied to the xml it is used with.

If you load the same p/n with different xml it doesn`t get recognized.
Maybe some multiple xmls in the cvn list will cure that.

Can we add the ability to update the cvn list with multiple xmls.

Take a look at it and I am sure you will get the best solution done.
Easy solution: Open stockcvn.xml with text-editor and do "search replace" for xml-file.

Should I remove checking of xml-file completely when checking if segment is stock?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Not an option since I have no idea about the files correlation to pcms.

Can we update the xml cvn list when the p/n is opened with certain xml, that way we will make a map of the files and we will know what they are used for.

Maybe check first for p/n if there is a match include the new xml to the cvn list.
I doubt there will be more that 2 for a given p/n.

Or add a second xml field with the xml for the p/n and the first can be left for the generic xml.

So 1st xml field will be for the generic gm segment lookup and the second xml for the type of file being used.

For example xml1 = gm generic type1.xml
xml2= p01-p59.xml

Xml2 can be updated automatically when a file is opened and there is a match for the p/n.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:Not an option since I have no idea about the files correlation to pcms.

Can we update the xml cvn list when the p/n is opened with certain xml, that way we will make a map of the files and we will know what they are used for.

Maybe check first for p/n if there is a match include the new xml to the cvn list.
I doubt there will be more that 2 for a given p/n.

Or add a second xml field with the xml for the p/n and the first can be left for the generic xml.

So 1st xml field will be for the generic gm segment lookup and the second xml for the type of file being used.

For example xml1 = gm generic type1.xml
xml2= p01-p59.xml

Xml2 can be updated automatically when a file is opened and there is a match for the p/n.
Added possibility for multiple XML-files (comma separated list)
Lightly tested, I hope at least idea is correct?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I opened an ls1 file, the segments p/n and cvns were already in the CVN list but they are stored with the gm-seg-type1.xml, the p/n didn`t get identified as stock and I managed to update the cvn list with the same p/ns but using the p01-p59.xml

So now we have doubled p/ns but with different xml file.

what I mean is to make 2 different columns with the xml files.
First will be reserved for the gm-seg-typexx.xml and the second will be for the specific pcm xml file and will be auto updated when a file is opened with that xml.

The same p/n shoudn`t be doubled.

Your welcome to come with another solutions or just check by p/n for the cvn and the xmls be used as a display only.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:I opened an ls1 file, the segments p/n and cvns were already in the CVN list but they are stored with the gm-seg-type1.xml, the p/n didn`t get identified as stock and I managed to update the cvn list with the same p/ns but using the p01-p59.xml

So now we have doubled p/ns but with different xml file.

what I mean is to make 2 different columns with the xml files.
First will be reserved for the gm-seg-typexx.xml and the second will be for the specific pcm xml file and will be auto updated when a file is opened with that xml.

The same p/n shoudn`t be doubled.

Your welcome to come with another solutions or just check by p/n for the cvn and the xmls be used as a display only.
Ignoring xmlfile when checkin stock CVN.
If this doesn't work, I can try another solution.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

This fixes it, great work.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

This is looking great, sorry I got sidetracked a little and have missed a lot of updates to this tool..

Quick question after a quick look at it.. It appears you have done some work on the layout of the XML files..

Say I want to do the same thing across the board with a couple different OS's, something simple like turning off a single code.. It looks as if I can combine them into 1 XML file with different compatible OS's listed in that XML with the different patches and all I need to do is open up a bin file and use that patch for ANY of the files I have that have a compatible OS inside that XML file?? Each file will be modified according to the compatible OS patch inside that XML file and incompatible patches will not be applied??

Is it really going to be that simple? I was working on code of my own to do just that.. This is fantastic!!
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

ironduke wrote:This is looking great, sorry I got sidetracked a little and have missed a lot of updates to this tool..

Quick question after a quick look at it.. It appears you have done some work on the layout of the XML files..

Say I want to do the same thing across the board with a couple different OS's, something simple like turning off a single code.. It looks as if I can combine them into 1 XML file with different compatible OS's listed in that XML with the different patches and all I need to do is open up a bin file and use that patch for ANY of the files I have that have a compatible OS inside that XML file?? Each file will be modified according to the compatible OS patch inside that XML file and incompatible patches will not be applied??

Is it really going to be that simple? I was working on code of my own to do just that.. This is fantastic!!
I think you got it right.
If DATA is same for all OS files, you need only one patch "row" with multiple OS:address pairs.
Or you can have multiple patch "rows", every row can have different set of OS:address and DATA. Only compatible rows will be applied.
If this is not enough, you can create rules...
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

joukoy wrote:
ironduke wrote:This is looking great, sorry I got sidetracked a little and have missed a lot of updates to this tool..

I think you got it right.
If DATA is same for all OS files, you need only one patch "row" with multiple OS:address pairs.
Or you can have multiple patch "rows", every row can have different set of OS:address and DATA. Only compatible rows will be applied.
If this is not enough, you can create rules...
ok.. ok.. ok.. try not to laugh.. I have never edited an XML file in my life but never thought it was this much of a pita.. lmao.. After I thought I tried everything remotely possible for all of them in the same row, then I tried patch 'rows' that I took to mean each line has an OS and address then the Data is at the bottom, then I made them all separate with each compatible OS having the data line directly below it, etc.. Then I came up with the idea of using a comma as a separator between compatible OS:address sections..
Now I have <CompatibleOS>12636005:address,12614088:address,12617631:address,12636005:address,12639835:address</CompatibleOS>
and the data line below it and it seems to work.. Nice to have 1 patch for a bunch of different OS for the same function..

I looked around the program itself, but I didn't see an easy way to create this xml file by itself, like if I created a patch file by comparing two files and saving it, I didn't see how I could compare 2 more files and then save/ add it to the same xml file.. I understand there may not be a huge request for this? I'm known for off the wall ideas..

Thanks again, but if someone ever creates a easy to follow set of instructions with full blown examples I would be the first to sign up!!! lmao...