Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by Tre-Cool »

Duke, what software are you using to pull t43 bin files?
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

ironduke wrote:When trying to extract segments from a bunch of files it stops to seek tables... Makes it take a long time.. Is seeking tables required to extract segments?

Seems to be missing some T43 files still.. If I turn off autodetect and point it at the T43.xml it reads them fine.. sample below..
Kind of funny how every t43 seems to have GM_T43 in the bin.. makes it easy for me, lol..
3GTU2VEC0EG128088.t43.BIN
Great work!!!! Many Thanks!!!
kur4o fixed autodetect, new XML included in 0.18.76
Now tableseek is disabled for segment extract.

Added also "Sort files", if you want to organize bin library based on platform and/or OS.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Tre-Cool wrote:Duke, what software are you using to pull t43 bin files?
Some software I wrote, but it "borrows" a kernel from someone.. Write using sps kernel..
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

joukoy wrote:
ironduke wrote:When trying to extract segments from a bunch of files it stops to seek tables... Makes it take a long time.. Is seeking tables required to extract segments?

Seems to be missing some T43 files still.. If I turn off autodetect and point it at the T43.xml it reads them fine.. sample below..
Kind of funny how every t43 seems to have GM_T43 in the bin.. makes it easy for me, lol..

Great work!!!! Many Thanks!!!
kur4o fixed autodetect, new XML included in 0.18.76
Now tableseek is disabled for segment extract.

Added also "Sort files", if you want to organize bin library based on platform and/or OS.
Thanks!!!! I've been trying to find a way to organize them. right now it's just a big list of numbered cals. organize by ecu maybe? then OS? This is with the segments.. Right now I have complete bins sorted by ecu..
Adding an E38 file that it didn't recognize.. Don't know why... it's labelled export and I'm sorry to say I have no idea where I found it.. If I see a gm bin I grab it, lol.. looks good though..

I did modify your code to save the files as a .bin instead of binsegment. Saves me from renaming it.. Any chance of making that an option? a program I use occasionally likes them as .bin files only

I just typed out an issue with duplicates but I see there's a skip selection.. Doh!!! lol, I'm learning.. slowly, but I'm learning.. I didn't see that before.. I'll have to try that..

If I deselect eeprom and boot block and then exract it still extracts those segments. Not a big deal, especially if we can get rid of the extra copies of the same file but if i read 30 files then I have 30 copies of the same thing every single time, lol.. >>> yeah, I'm gonna give that skipa try.. don't mind 1 copy of the boot block and eeprom, just didn't want ALL of them..

Please don't push another version just because of my suggestions.. Absolutely no rush, just trying to clean up the mess of a database I have.. be cool to add it and wait for a big change.. Thanks!!!
The attachment 3GTU2VEC0EG128088.t43.BIN is no longer available
Attachments
2011.Sierra.export.E38.12639835.engine.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

What you ask for is already there, with some advanced features.

Here is how to use it.
Click extract segment tab -> extract all segments from files-> Than select custom destination[a folder where the file will be extracted]
Than there is some custom script you can use to modify the file name the way you want it[adding various info to the file name].

Than click extract and enjoy.

Also some option to rebuild the split file back to full bin. Click rebuild button and select the csv file that was created on extraction.

Maybe we can add an segments extraction only without any addon files, and only on segments that are stock. It definitely can get improved over time.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

kur4o wrote:What you ask for is already there, with some advanced features.

Here is how to use it.
Click extract segment tab -> extract all segments from files-> Than select custom destination[a folder where the file will be extracted]
Than there is some custom script you can use to modify the file name the way you want it[adding various info to the file name].

Than click extract and enjoy.

Also some option to rebuild the split file back to full bin. Click rebuild button and select the csv file that was created on extraction.

Maybe we can add an segments extraction only without any addon files, and only on segments that are stock. It definitely can get improved over time.
Thanks!!! Just started using the extract segment part of this.. Patcher does so much!!!!! is there any info on the custom script to modify the file name the way I want it?? Segment ID(OS) and cal number is great, I'll do some digging but it'll be a little bit..
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

ironduke wrote:
Thanks!!! Just started using the extract segment part of this.. Patcher does so much!!!!! is there any info on the custom script to modify the file name the way I want it?? Segment ID(OS) and cal number is great, I'll do some digging but it'll be a little bit..
All possible variables are used in default filenames: $Nr, $Ver, $cvn, they are replaced with values from bin-file.
You can also supply other text, which is included to filename without conversion.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Some more details.

First box is info added infront of pn, second box is info added after pn.

You can add $Nr will add the segment numerical number
$Ver will add the segment version
$Cvn will add the cvn to the file name.

You can combine them with custom text or leave only what you need.

$Nr- in the first box will give you

1-192837465.bin file name
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

2 more t43 files not recognized.. they seem to be good files, read the same way. Open fine when T43 xml is pointed at..
2009.T43.Silverado.3GCEK33M09G187295.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
2009.Tahoe.T43.read.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
Got to find out what you mean by first box, second box.. etc... lol.. I'm in extract segment.. I'll get there.. too much going on at the moment, keep running over and taking a peek.. Will spend some time later today.. thanks!!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

It loads fine with me. Maybe you are missing the extra t43-0.xml. Copy it to the xml folder.
Attachments
t43-0.rar
(841 Bytes) Downloaded 260 times