Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by ironduke »

I just tried an E38 with 15.6 and it's not reading the code status correctly.. it's seeing 2's where they are 6's
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

ironduke wrote:I just tried an E38 with 15.6 and it's not reading the code status correctly.. it's seeing 2's where they are 6's
Fixed in 0.15.7
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

joukoy wrote:
ironduke wrote:I just tried an E38 with 15.6 and it's not reading the code status correctly.. it's seeing 2's where they are 6's
Fixed in 0.15.7
Thanks!!!!

One thing I mentioned before but it was about the same time you were making a LOT of changes..

04 for the E38 means not reported-Mil enabled.. Not a big deal, save it for your next revision.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Fixed e38 status 4 = not reported/MIL
Added basic "Show data" for table search.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Now it works awesome with e40, I added some more pcms. Some testing needs to be done.

Here is the latest dtcsearch.xml

Do you think we can export tables addresses to xdf template.[For v6s we already have some basic tables defined in v6s info] It won`t be hard to figure some opcodes for the basic tables like maf, ve, spark and so on. Or make configurable search like dtc but for tables that can be exported. I know you will need to reverse the xdf structure.

I noticed some instances where cvn byte swap check don`t work. I am sure we never tested it. It was supposed to check regular cvn than byte swap it and check again. Can you take a look at it.
Attachments
DtcSearch.rar
(679 Bytes) Downloaded 148 times
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

kur4o i have v6 bin disassembled and am in opcode lableing stage
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:Now it works awesome with e40, I added some more pcms. Some testing needs to be done.

Do you think we can export tables addresses to xdf template.[For v6s we already have some basic tables defined in v6s info] It won`t be hard to figure some opcodes for the basic tables like maf, ve, spark and so on. Or make configurable search like dtc but for tables that can be exported. I know you will need to reverse the xdf structure.

I noticed some instances where cvn byte swap check don`t work. I am sure we never tested it. It was supposed to check regular cvn than byte swap it and check again. Can you take a look at it.

Initial support for XDF export (separate tab), requires template files in folder "Templates".
Table export depends on search definitions, for example: SearchTables-P01-P59.xml, but none is available currently.

cvn byte swap is implemented, but maybe there is a BUG. Added more debug output.
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

joukoy wrote:
kur4o wrote:Now it works awesome with e40, I added some more pcms. Some testing needs to be done.

Initial support for XDF export (separate tab), requires template files in folder "Templates".
Table export depends on search definitions, for example: SearchTables-P01-P59.xml, but none is available currently.

cvn byte swap is implemented, but maybe there is a BUG. Added more debug output.
what does cvn byte swap do?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Sometimes the cvn is byteswapped and the segment can`t be idenified if it stock or not, That`s why we check both for match not swapped and swapped.

I did test the last version. The condition where it fails is
cvn at stock cvn list is FE36, it is calulated as 36FE, The reference also shows 36fe and is marked as modded.

Some cure will be to check stockcvn, if no match byteswap and check again. if no match
than check ref, if no match than byteswap and check again against ref.

The latest version looks promising. Now it is the hard part, to make all the pieces work together. I will try to find some search strings with table names for ls1, to get you some more room for testing and improvements.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

This string will find spark table on all bins 01-07. 99-00 seems to not work with it.

30 38 ram1:2:hex 32 38 ram2:2:hex 74 19 20 7c @addr:4:hex 4e b9 * * * * 3c high octane table

30 38 ram1:2:hex 32 38 ram2:2:hex 74 19 20 7c @addr:4:hex 4e b9 * * * * 26 low octane table

19 is the rows but can`t make them display only. I guess it is not possible.
Vampyre wrote:kur4o i have v6 bin disassembled and am in opcode lableing stage
You can add the strings in the search tables xml and check vs other OS. Back in the thread there is info for finding checksum, ve and maf addresses that is hardcoded in the program. It can help you how to configure it.

The good string should work with most bin revisions and doesn`t produce false results. I think in v6s there is at least 2-3 different types of assembly that use different opcodes for table lookup.

The easiest way to check stuff is to open file info tab. Type custom search string, check table search and check against different bins.

If you want to know more about the table search syntax, again look back in the thread. It will have most covered up.

Edit:

I tried the search button in the debug log, but the program froze. Might be some bug with monster long logs.