Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by kur4o »

Massive update, great work. The new improvements are spot on.
That double click allowed me to add some info from thee eeprom area. I got some error once when trying to click and there were one parameters already there. Adding it manually through scripting worked great

Thinking about how we can add some automation for file identification, so the program can select the xml file on its own.
And the idea is to make a file select config file that is loaded as default and program startup.

Now each type of bin file have some hidden identification parts that can be used for ident purposes, but hard building this is not good idea. Can we make it configurable.

What we need is configuration that can do
case1
bin size = xxxx or xxxx or xxxx
last 2 bytes of bin = 4afc and some random address with xxx bytes equals to "ab ab ab ab" or 4th byte=0 and $502=01
if all conditions match select ls1.xml

The config have to do all kind of arithmetics like :or, and, equal, not equal, selected bit equal, and so on.
More than 1 check can be made in a line, and we can have multiple lines. If one of the line is not matched skip to next case.

Adding an if statement for selecting 2 or 3 different xmls for a single case will be amazing.

That way for each new xml config added the auto select file can be updated with the new bin ident and it will make it really the best universal program so far.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

roughneck427 wrote:Here’s a database of bins I’m working on. I’ll have various P01 P59 auto manual from 99-07. I’m up to 2004 it’s takes time to generate them as a good known stock file. There is one exception that I manually segment swapped. File in hex for a 4l80

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p9jrdjbj6wz2 ... ZZEBa?dl=0
roughneck427,

Do you want to convert the archives you have made and add viable eeprom data to all the files. It will have some generic valid EEprom data in it. There are 2 types of the eeprom data used .one is for 99-00 OSs and the other is for 01-on. I can give you some examples to use or
I can also do it if times permit.
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:Massive update, great work. The new improvements are spot on.
That double click allowed me to add some info from thee eeprom area. I got some error once when trying to click and there were one parameters already there. Adding it manually through scripting worked great

Thinking about how we can add some automation for file identification, so the program can select the xml file on its own.
And the idea is to make a file select config file that is loaded as default and program startup.

Now each type of bin file have some hidden identification parts that can be used for ident purposes, but hard building this is not good idea. Can we make it configurable.

What we need is configuration that can do
case1
bin size = xxxx or xxxx or xxxx
last 2 bytes of bin = 4afc and some random address with xxx bytes equals to "ab ab ab ab" or 4th byte=0 and $502=01
if all conditions match select ls1.xml

The config have to do all kind of arithmetics like :or, and, equal, not equal, selected bit equal, and so on.
More than 1 check can be made in a line, and we can have multiple lines. If one of the line is not matched skip to next case.

Adding an if statement for selecting 2 or 3 different xmls for a single case will be amazing.

That way for each new xml config added the auto select file can be updated with the new bin ident and it will make it really the best universal program so far.
Fixed bugs in address editors, still not perfect but better than nothing.

I think I am too lazy/busy for creating complicated config system for autodetect.
But what about this: Send me some examples of detection, and I will create powershell script which universalpatcher can call, and if it returns XML-filename, it will be loaded as config file.
You can then modify this script to add detection for other bin-files.

Windows XP may need update for powershell
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=16818
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Basic autodetect functionality with powershell

Put autodetect.ps1 to XML folder and create rules on it.
Uploaded file compares ONLY file size, need more rules
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I think I have thought it too complicated at the first place. It looks like much less config is needed. I got a list of the most popular bins. However there might be similar files with same check location that I am not aware of and some fine tuning might be needed later.

ls1_99-07 -2@:2:=4afc and 502:2:=0001, and 50a:2:=0000, size 512kb or 1mb

blackbox 98-00 -2@:2:=4afc, 20002:2:=0001 and 2000a:2:=0100 ,size 512kb

diesel 01-05 -2@:2:=4afc , 20002:2:=0001 and 2000a:2:not equal to 0100, size 512kb and 1mb

e38,e67 last 8bytes = aa 55 66 66 ff ff ff ff ,10002:2:=0001, 3f2:2:=0063, size 2mb

e92a last 8 bytes =55 aa ff ff ff ff ff ff, c0102:2:=0001,c0000:2:aa55, fdb2:2:=0063 , size 4mb

96-97 v6 -2@:2:=a55a or -4@:2:=a55a, 7fff8:8:not equal ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff, size 256kb and 512kb

98-05 v6 -2@:2:=a55a or -4@:2:=a55a, 7fff8:8:=ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff, size 512kb

1mb v6 -2@:2:=a55a, size 1mb

ls1_97-98 -2@:2:=a55a and -4@:2:=ffff, size 512kb
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Autodetect without powershell.
Requires or creates XML\autodetect.xml
I am quite sure it have still bugs in detection, editor and XML - but have to start with something :thumbup:
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Looks great and all the rules are there. now it is time to make it work. For some reason I only managed to get a v6 detected and all files are detected as 96-97, even though they are not. Only the 1mb v6 are detected right, I tried to mod the xml manually, but still get that result. No other files are detected even though the rules seem solid. I think something is broke with the And statement, since on the v6-96-97 is not used.

I couldn`t load the autodetect xml for config. It loads but no info gets available for editing.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:Looks great and all the rules are there. now it is time to make it work. For some reason I only managed to get a v6 detected and all files are detected as 96-97, even though they are not. Only the 1mb v6 are detected right, I tried to mod the xml manually, but still get that result. No other files are detected even though the rules seem solid. I think something is broke with the And statement, since on the v6-96-97 is not used.

I couldn`t load the autodetect xml for config. It loads but no info gets available for editing.
Bug fixes.
Added V6 XML files, but 98-05 v6 not tested.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

joukoy wrote: 0.8.4
Bug fixes.
Added V6 XML files, but 98-05 v6 not tested.
Small fixes, mostly for GUI
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Absolutely brilliant.

Sorry for pushing you so hard.

I fixed some errors in the autoconfig file and added some more rules. Now works every time.
I am still having trouble to load and edit the file. When it is loaded, nothing can be seen or edited. Is it the way it should be or am I missing something.
I manually edited it, which works fine so far.

Here is the good file. You can include it with the exe.
autodetect.rar
(763 Bytes) Downloaded 217 times
More updates to follow with some better and complete config files and rules.

ps

Is it possible to add some rules to identify where the eeprom data is stored. It will be really helpful for the extra info field, like vin, serial and srvice numbers.