Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by Gampy »

Patcher.exe and Tuner.exe open in Tourist mode only ...

I think most people (even Novices) would prefer UP opening to Patcher in Advanced mode, one window, I really don't think Tourist and Novice mode are helpful and the additional window is annoying (to me).
But that's just my opinion ...

It appears the Invocation Exception is resolved.

Thank you!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

Gampy wrote: Patcher.exe and Tuner.exe open in Tourist mode only ...
Already fixed in version 0.17.128, but I forget to update .zip
Please try again.
Gampy wrote: I think most people (even Novices) would prefer UP opening to Patcher in Advanced mode, one window, I really don't think Tourist and Novice mode are helpful and the additional window is annoying (to me).
But that's just my opinion ...
Thanks for the feedback.
I dont know how it should work, but I can try different styles...
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Fixed.

I have adjusted my shortcut to Patcher.exe ... :D
If I want the Tuner, I'll launch it from Patcher.

Create yourself a Release script, either with a Batch file or Powershell ... Need help or ideas?

Thank you (and kur4o) very much for the work y'all have put into this amazingly powerful tool!

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Gampy wrote:
Create yourself a Release script, either with a Batch file or Powershell ... Need help or ideas?

-Enjoy
Done.

Extra exe -files slow down .zip generation and increase its size.
Not so good => Back to one exe mode, but now it always starts to patcher, like previously.

Tourist/Basic/Advanced selection moved to File -menu.

You can also set mode in shortcut by commandline parameter.
Attachments
cmdlineparamsforuniversalpatcher-error.jpg
cmdlineparamsforuniversalpatcher-error.jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 8560 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sweet!

-Enjoy

joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Added shortcuts for starting in differents modes.
Attachments
up-shortcuts-2021-08-05 204635.png
up-shortcuts-2021-08-05 204635.png (3.54 KiB) Viewed 8520 times
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Problem with this E38 file.. Haven't had time to dig into it but dtc's are only showing 13 and they're all messed up.. guessing it had a false positive?
Some of this is over my head.. bad file shows address as 08 79 8c which is right, isn't it?? If I try another file that shows dtc's correctly it has an address of 09 80 1a and that's bad, address is actually 08 80 1a .. confusing, lol.. or I am just totally lost and grabbing straws.. did what I need to do so I'm good, just something for you to work on and put in the next update..
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

ironduke wrote:Problem with this E38 file.. Haven't had time to dig into it but dtc's are only showing 13 and they're all messed up.. guessing it had a false positive?
It was a simple fix in the dtcsearch xml. Now should work with all e38. If there is some odd ball files that still gives problem I will take a look.

You find the problem right. Some bins have added $10000 offset for some reason in the code that hardly make sense. Hope the new imporvements finally resolve the detection of the offset.

Here is the new dtc search. put it the xml folder, overwriting any older file.
Attachments
DtcSearch-04_09_21.rar
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Not sure if this is really the area for the following post, but i did use the tool to swap the eeprom data from a early e38 ecu OS 12612380 into a later ecu running OS 12639270.

changed some parameters around to fix the difference from clutch position sensor to clutch switch.

However I did need to disables vats to get the car to fire up. I assumed the security code for the vats was all in the eeprom area. Anyone with more knowledge on this than I able to help? This is my brothers car which is my test dummy, but I would like to perform the same upgrade on a few cars if i can. So I'm willing to pay for assistance.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Swapping eeprom can be dangerous since it is tied with specific OS, usually per year[06-07,08-10,11-on]. Also you need to have a way to flash the eeprom area too. I think only tazzi tool can do that.

If you provide the purpose of swapping maybe we can add more support and manually swapping the needed data can cure the problem.

As far as vats is concerned,
e38 needs some patch to disbale vats. I recently added that patch on the list of feature option, so it will be available anytime soon.

Can you post the stock files, you swap the eeprom, so I can check for compatability issues.