Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by ironduke »

2010.Colorado.1GCHTBD95A8142460.stock.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
2009 Cadillac CTSV E67 - 12632176.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
Here's 2 of them but I just went and checked some others I had and it read dtc's fine so looks like it might be something on my end pulling the flash from the ecu..
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

E67 code lookup should be fixed in version 0.17.79

There is lot of updates since my last post on this forum, can't even remember.
Mostly in Tuner, added explorer view and other features.
Attachments
up-2021-05-21-1.png
up-2021-05-21-1.png (70.08 KiB) Viewed 4380 times
Brian_Griffin
cars: Silverado, Trailblazer

Post by Brian_Griffin »

Great looking tool....Nice work...I have a few e38's that need DOD shut off.I have a couple of non-DOD bin files to swap segments from
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Brian_Griffin wrote:Great looking tool....Nice work...I have a few e38's that need DOD shut off.I have a couple of non-DOD bin files to swap segments from
No need to swap segments. It will find the dod switch for you.
ironduke wrote:Can anyone verify that the code lookup for the E67 ecu is off a little bit.. I have now tried it with 4 E67 files since I found it to be off and I don't think it's my files?

Changing code offset to 2 and status offset to 1 seems to line everything up but would love someone to check my work.. This helped me see how universal patcher is finding things, very nice!!!
It was some bug in the +10000 code offset. No pattern so far for it and really hard to manage.

You can also check e78 DTC search. Do you have some bins that needs DTC search.
Brian_Griffin

Post by Brian_Griffin »

Awesome...that's even better...Now I just have to learn how to use it
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Brian_Griffin wrote:Awesome...that's even better...Now I just have to learn how to use it
That sir is going to take you awhile ... It does a lot! :thumbup:
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Brian_Griffin

Post by Brian_Griffin »

Well....I got the segment swap part figured out....flashed my ecm...works perfect.Now I'd like to figure out how to locate what turns off the DOD in the original file.
roughneck427
cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8

Post by roughneck427 »

had to re upload Heres a 12592618 XDF i made. Using WinOls i can transfer maps alot easier to a new OS after they fixed a axis issue i was having. Takes abt 1 and a half hours to so a xdf of this size moving all maps from another OS
Attachments
12592618-Final.xdf
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

roughneck427 wrote:had to re upload Heres a 12592618 XDF i made. Using WinOls i can transfer maps alot easier to a new OS after they fixed a axis issue i was having. Takes abt 1 and a half hours to so a xdf of this size moving all maps from another OS
Might I ask what's the point of posting an unusable password protected xdf to a public forum ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Gampy wrote:
roughneck427 wrote:had to re upload Heres a 12592618 XDF i made. Using WinOls i can transfer maps alot easier to a new OS after they fixed a axis issue i was having. Takes abt 1 and a half hours to so a xdf of this size moving all maps from another OS
Might I ask what's the point of posting an unusable password protected xdf to a public forum ??
I guess roughneck doesn`t want some dickhead to distribute or sell for profit the xdfs. As far as I know there wasn`t xdf for that OS available so far.
For average Joe it doesn`t really matter if it is locked or not locked as long as it gets the job done. For average gearhead, it is definitely a step back.