Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc . Circa 1999 to 2006. All VPW OBD2 PCMs.
User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby joukoy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:12 am

joukoy wrote:
Converting to MDI requires too much modifications.
I give up.
So, test 0.10.1 if possible.


I TRIED to give up, but I couldn't do that.
V 0.11.0 uses MDI
UI is almost totally rewritten (or copy-pasted)

Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby kur4o » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:37 am

It is just my opinion, but that mdi interface is much harder to work with. The tab design seems much better for that type of application. I hope you didn`t put too much effort in it, at least it was a good exercise for future developments.

I have been thinking for some auto table detection like maf, spark, ve for a generic ls1 bin, with some basic editor for the tables. It will be really cool and well suited within that mdi interface. I am still on the table detect algorithm, finding some patterns for table lookup to get the start address of the tables, or making a list of the tables vs OS, for each parameter or table.

e38 tuning will greatly benefit with that virtual ve tables that are next to impossible to tune with tunerpro.

I think v10 will need very small adjustments to get to the final version and we can evolve the v11 to some more exited features.

Is it possible to add to v11 some icons or tabs with icons for easy access, and some window arrangement will give much better overall look and feel.

Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby nightjoker7 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 am

kur4o wrote:It is just my opinion, but that mdi interface is much harder to work with. The tab design seems much better for that type of application. I hope you didn`t put too much effort in it, at least it was a good exercise for future developments.

I have been thinking for some auto table detection like maf, spark, ve for a generic ls1 bin, with some basic editor for the tables. It will be really cool and well suited within that mdi interface. I am still on the table detect algorithm, finding some patterns for table lookup to get the start address of the tables, or making a list of the tables vs OS, for each parameter or table.

e38 tuning will greatly benefit with that virtual ve tables that are next to impossible to tune with tunerpro.

I think v10 will need very small adjustments to get to the final version and we can evolve the v11 to some more exited features.

Is it possible to add to v11 some icons or tabs with icons for easy access, and some window arrangement will give much better overall look and feel.


I agree the new version is not intuitive at all, having a heck of a time figuring out how to do the simplest things.

User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby joukoy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:46 am

Thank you for feedback!

I will revert back to tab-interface and v 0.10.1

User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby joukoy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 pm

0.10.3

Small fixes to Extract segment & autodetect.

I can TRY to add table edit features, if there is good reason for it. But there is no reason to duplicate Tunerpro functionality?

Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby ironduke » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:47 pm

joukoy wrote:0.10.3

Small fixes to Extract segment & autodetect.

I can TRY to add table edit features, if there is good reason for it. But there is no reason to duplicate Tunerpro functionality?


I was kind of wondering about that, almost suggested tunerpro..
I've been using tuner pro for about a week now, there's a few shortcomings but it's workable.. It's better than anything I can write, so I'm happy with it..

I would love it if I could get it to do the checksums and CVN's but that's what I'm using your program for.. lol.. You can write an add on for tuner pro I understand, but that's over my head..

If anyone is working on XDF's for E38's let me know.. Working on 12653674 right now because that's what my truck runs..

User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby joukoy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:04 am

ironduke wrote:
joukoy wrote:0.10.3

Small fixes to Extract segment & autodetect.

I can TRY to add table edit features, if there is good reason for it. But there is no reason to duplicate Tunerpro functionality?


I was kind of wondering about that, almost suggested tunerpro..
I've been using tuner pro for about a week now, there's a few shortcomings but it's workable.. It's better than anything I can write, so I'm happy with it..

I would love it if I could get it to do the checksums and CVN's but that's what I'm using your program for.. lol.. You can write an add on for tuner pro I understand, but that's over my head..

If anyone is working on XDF's for E38's let me know.. Working on 12653674 right now because that's what my truck runs..


I became curious and asked for a copy of Tunerpro plugin SDK.
I think I can create checksum plugin for e38 bins by modifying example plugin. But is there any need for it?

Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby ironduke » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:46 am

joukoy wrote:
ironduke wrote:
joukoy wrote:0.10.3

Small fixes to Extract segment & autodetect.

I can TRY to add table edit features, if there is good reason for it. But there is no reason to duplicate Tunerpro functionality?


I was kind of wondering about that, almost suggested tunerpro..
I've been using tuner pro for about a week now, there's a few shortcomings but it's workable.. It's better than anything I can write, so I'm happy with it..

I would love it if I could get it to do the checksums and CVN's but that's what I'm using your program for.. lol.. You can write an add on for tuner pro I understand, but that's over my head..

If anyone is working on XDF's for E38's let me know.. Working on 12653674 right now because that's what my truck runs..


I became curious and asked for a copy of Tunerpro plugin SDK.
I think I can create checksum plugin for e38 bins by modifying example plugin. But is there any need for it?


It's not a very big deal to use 1 program to read the flash and save it as a bin file, then another program to open that file and edit as needed, then open another program to correct checksums and CVN's, then use the first program again to write the flash/calibration back to the ECM..

It would be nicer to get the number of programs needed down I guess, lol.. If it wasn't hard to create a checksum plug in that could do the checksums and CVN's right in tuner pro then it would save a step and there'd be 1 less chance of screwing it up by opening/saving the file incorrectly or in a different location or a different name??

I have no idea how hard or where to even start using the plugin SDK, lol.. might take you 2 minutes? might take 2 days? All depends on how much effort you want to put in, unless someone else volunteers? or I someday learn how to do it myself, lol..

User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby joukoy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:08 am

Tunerpro checksum plugin created for e38, does anyone want to test?

Currently it fixes checksum for all segments, only setting available is if you fix checksum1 (crc16) or checksum2 (wordsum).
And better to enable both.
Any other settings required?

Online
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:35 pm
Location: California

Re: Segment Swap utility

Postby In-Tech » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:32 am

Hi joukoy,
I don't have a vehicle here to test this with but if you post a "corrected" bin file I can open it in TunerCat and it will inform me if checksums are incorrect.

PreviousNext

Return to GM LS1 512Kbyte and 1Mbyte

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests