HDW No 12589162

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: HDW No 12589162

Post by antus »

The GQ 4X software will do it, dont need the programmer connected. Its a free download from mcumall.com . Im using "GQUSBprg 6.38" because my programmer is the original 4X, probably the newer ones are the same. If they're not grab the 6.38 version.
Attachments
swapab with gq programmer.png
swapab with gq programmer.png (65.26 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Post by Fixed until broken »

Thanks you replied before I finished typing that I noticed it was a/b swapped I looked at a different dump I downloaded and saw it was for sure swapped. Ill download that.
Fixed until broken

Last stupid question. I just want to start with a simple test on programming these. So All I have to do to make this run in a different truck is change the vin on it? That is what it looked like from simple googling. what would happen if I changed the vin and turned off vats would that make the body control module not happy?
RoninDusette
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

I have been looking for a way to do that as well. I bricked a spare E78 night before last. Pretty sure I can get it back to life (wrote over the bootloader I think) if I jtag it. still need to try something like that. I am almost certain that if I got ahold of an mdi clone I could probably flash it back via the DLC without having to jtag bdm. For the thing I am developing, I am planning on writing a couple of simulators; one of which will essentially mimic the ecu to which I would be flashing. That is a long time away. My first goal for that module is a simple CAN/OBD2/UDS emulator. Something I can get a db of PIDs, positive/negative response codes, and basically when I want to just do a simple sanity check, I can throw things at that. I have to imagine that after a while, it will become fairly robust, as after time I will add to it as I learn new things about different systems. I do REALLy wish there was even a rudimentary "emulator" of sorts to learn the lay of the land per se, just to get my feet wet. Usually I could get a ton of ecus with my line of work, but I lost my job and cannot do so right now. haha. Well, I didn't lose it. I know where my job is at. I am just not with it. #jobdivorce ;)

I am also into Honda, and am going to eventually integrate them into what I am building. I have a 2001 Insight (eventually going to k swap and turbo, hoping for a bout 600hp) that runs great, ecu and all. Does anyone know of a place to get started hacking on Hondas, or the type of hardware I would need to dig into it? I have an mpps, kess, hp tuners, obdlink, a bunch of uarts, arduino and canbus shield, etc etc. Just wondering if I have anything already that will get me started hacking on some kwd/k-can stuff. Newer things are really hard to find info on. LS seems to have it all on lock when it comes to community driven dev (them and the cats using/developing openport and romraider (mits and sub)). If I knew that was around when I was playing with DSM, I would have been allllll over that.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

G'day antus, finally back from an 2 year hiatus and seeing a shite load of progress going on here on this site (great to see)
Trying to re-load programs on my laptop (lost 10 years of info on 2 laptops :thumbdown:)
I noticed your GQ 4X attachment shows "No device selected"
Mine won't read the 2 Bins posted above with no device selected
Just curious...cheers
Fixed until broken

it read it for me. did you click over to buffer or are you still on the message log? it confused me for a second on that.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Fixed until broken wrote:it read it for me. did you click over to buffer or are you still on the message log? it confused me for a second on that.
See what a 2 year break does to ones brain!!

Thanks for that.......i have a lot of catching up and SW to reload. Cheers :thumbup:
Fixed until broken

Ha Its all good. All this p59 stuff is brand new to me. I used to play with the TPI stuff so its not completely foreign but still a learn curve. Its probably been 4 years since I looked into this at all. I am shocked at how far its come. I remember I asked a long time ago if the p59 had an EEProm and everyone laughed an said it was all stored on the micro controller and the only way to access it was obd2. A couple months ago I started Jtag flashing 2008-14 Instrument cluster on the trucks/SUV and decided to look into these again. took one apart and saw the flash memory and here I am. Not an eeprom but close enough. I wish I could remember what forum that basically said it was impossible so I could go thumb my nose at them haha. Still not simple and I have a lot of learning but this is very possible!