PCM Hammer Release 012

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
In-Tech

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by In-Tech »

Here's the one I got. I ordered the USB version because I like a direct connection, then after ordering I noticed the wifi one is ~$5 more and has an USB connection too(if it works). I noticed all the different ones available for different vehicles, I have no idea if the hardware is different(besides the sticker lol) but I doubt it.
http://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale/vxd ... -opel.html
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Tazzi wrote:@In-tech
Nice work! Make sure your nano is on the latest firmware as well. I noticed a nice speed bump when I did that.
Thanks Tazzi, I get a little skeert updating some of this china stuff, especially since it works now :mrgreen: Is there a preferred update process/server you use?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:In-Tech,

Which VXDIAG j2534 did you get ??

I'm confused why there is different vehicle mfg ones, is the device specific to a vehicle mfg, or is that for the software that comes with it ??
Different tools support different protocols, pin mappings and capabilities :thumbup:

Iv had lengthy talks with the devs a while back, they are hard at working trying to be the number one go to J2534 tool. Likely why the price is slowly creeping up.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:
Tazzi wrote:@In-tech
Nice work! Make sure your nano is on the latest firmware as well. I noticed a nice speed bump when I did that.
Thanks Tazzi, I get a little skeert updating some of this china stuff, especially since it works now :mrgreen: Is there a preferred update process/server you use?
Direct from them.

So over at vxdiagshop or allscanner.com
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thanks Tazzi, I didn't write down the number but it says I have the latest. Just checked, vx manager says 1.6.5.0 Is vx manager what to use to check and install updates?
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

Hello,

Will the OBDLink MX+ ever be supported? The PCM Hammer Help explains that it is not supported but it seems to work well using LS Droid and the long write times using the MX+ don't bother me at all. Its worth the wait, especially using a bench harness.

Many thanks,

Rick
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I do not know why the MX has been excluded.

I suspect, small buffer, slow speed.

I am curious to see a read attempt debug log.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

this was covered in another thead, but it was tested, did work, and is supported in the latest releases.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

I can't speak for the MX but the MX+ does work. I recently used it with PCM Hammer 014 to change the VIN on four of my PCM's. It all worked very nicely for the VIN change and I'm happy with the speeds for doing everything else.

Rick