Extract calibration from live RAM dump in hpt

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
RoninDusette
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Extract calibration from live RAM dump in hpt

Post by RoninDusette »

Hello. I am trying to extract the calibration data from a live RAM dump (using WinHex) in hpt. I opened up the tune file, and dumped the memory. I can see my VIN and calibration ID, OSID, etc etc. But I am not sure where the calibration for my ecu begins and ends. It's for an E78 ECU (2015 1.4 turbo cruze). I am doing a bunch of research and really want to know how to manipulate it for my research. Any help would be appreciated.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Extract calibration from live RAM dump in hpt

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It makes it easier to show any areas if you attach files to be able to try identify for you!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Dont post a ram dump of hpt though, that'll include their code and needs to be kept off this site. I read a long time ago that a ram dump was possible but i think the app changed so you cant do it anymore. You'll need to look at a very old version of the app to do what you want.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
RoninDusette
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

antus wrote:Dont post a ram dump of hpt though, that'll include their code and needs to be kept off this site. I read a long time ago that a ram dump was possible but i think the app changed so you cant do it anymore. You'll need to look at a very old version of the app to do what you want.
For sure I wouldn't do that. They busted their asses with their software and I'm not here to steal. I just want to understand.

As far as the ram dump goes, yeah. It seems to have the info. I need to do a compare of a stock rip of the tables from kess and a ram dump from hpt and see where they differ (or rather, they match), but it seems to be all there. Bootloader, os and all. Trifecta not so much. Any time I go to dump it, it changes. Pretty sure I know how and why, but I am not going to disclose that even if I am wrong, as if I am right, it's extremely fucking clever. Lol.
RoninDusette
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

antus wrote:Dont post a ram dump of hpt though, that'll include their code and needs to be kept off this site. I read a long time ago that a ram dump was possible but i think the app changed so you cant do it anymore. You'll need to look at a very old version of the app to do what you want.
And as far as an older version I can't find one to save my life.... I cannot seem to find a single version 2 or young 3 copy that isn't surround by naughty internet buggies.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Welcome to the world of ET apps ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
RoninDusette
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

Gampy wrote:Welcome to the world of ET apps ...
ET? "phoooone home"? Not familiar with the term. Still kind of new to this embedded systems hacking.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

RoninDusette wrote:ET? "phoooone home"?
Yup, Exactly!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
nightjoker7

Post by nightjoker7 »

post the .hpt file you are trying to get information out of.