PCM Hammer Release 014

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer Release 014

Post by antus »

Firmware, a bit of a guess, 4+? Ive heard of pre v4 not working on some obdlink interfaces and then an update to current solved it. But I dont have detailed info and dont know what specifically is in the LX. If you install the latest you should be OK. If you want us to add support for it, post the debug log as a text file. I see there have been a couple of people forking pcmhammer on github and adding different obdlink identifiers but they have gone stale and never sent us a pull request. The wouldnt be hard to add officially if someone with the device is happy to test and work with us.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

NSFW uses an LX.

As for speed, it is what it is ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

hey guys, been awhile my house got destroyed so been dealing with insurance. Ive got a mx I grabbed for lsdroid, i can test things if needed.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Yikes, sorry to hear about your house!

For the MX, I guess for starters just try to connect to it and see what happens.
Does 'get properties' work?
Does full read work?
If anything fails, the debug log would probably have enough info to get it working.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry to hear about your house, know what you're going through, been there done that ... 12/26/2004@21:18 by fire!
Vampyre wrote:Ive got a mx I grabbed for lsdroid
That statement stipulates the MX+, the MX+ has been well tested with PcmHammer ...

That does not mean more is not welcome!

I personally am always up to hearing success stories ... :thumbup:
Or failures if that's the case!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Sachem
cars: 1957 Bel-Aire
1966 Chenille
1967 Malibu 300 Deluxe

Post by Sachem »

I recently downloaded PCMHammer014. I could not get it to initialize my OBD Link LX. I have been trying for a week. So I purchased the MX+ and it still will not initialize. I then attached the debug file if anyone has any suggestions or can help. I have a P59 PCM (blue/green connector). If I use droid LS it seems to work fine. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
debug file.odt
(23.1 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You dont seem to have a valid com port selected. You need to identify what is the correct port and select it from the list. If COM5 is the right port then there must be some other software on your computer blocking pcmhammer from talking to it. Possibly security software of some type or policy, perhaps installed by an employer if your using a work PC.

[08:23:41:037] Unable to initalize ObdLink or AllPro on COM5
[08:23:41:037] System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM5' does not exist.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Sachem
cars: 1957 Bel-Aire
1966 Chenille
1967 Malibu 300 Deluxe

Post by Sachem »

Thank you for the reply. I will try again tonight.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Just in case ...

If you have damaged or non-managed ports you can clean them with the following steps,

Find the "Command Prompt" shortcut and Right-Click on it,
Select: Run as administrator
If required, Enter: Password
At the command prompt type (or copy paste) the following two commands followed by ENTER,
set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
devmgmt.msc
When Device Manager opens,
Select: View
Select: Show hidden devices
In the Device Manager Tree view,
Expand: Ports (COM & LPT)
On any ports you want to remove,
Select: Right Click
Select: Uninstall
In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog,
Un-Check: Delete the driver software for this device
Select: Ok

The next time you plug the device in, it will re-install ...

I personally Uninstall them all and just allow them to reinstall in the specific order I plug the devices back in ... That way I get what I want on the ports I want them on.

In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Great reply Gampy, I have some software that only looks for ports 1-4 and have to do this on the rare occasion that I need to use that particular software and/or interface.

Here's a document I found a few years ago that addresses your instructions and has pictures :D
Make COM ports available.pdf
(373.75 KiB) Downloaded 197 times