OBD Link MX+ - Confirmed Working

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

OBD Link MX+ - Confirmed Working

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

Hello,

I can confirm that the OBD Link MX + Bluetooth device is working with PCM Hammer 014. I will post any screen shot or debug log you need to update the PCM Hammer documentation. I will also search for the MX+ firmware version number if you need it.

Yea, its slow but the tortoise often beats the hare.

Rick
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: OBD Link MX+ - Confirmed Working

Post by antus »

Thanks for the report! A debug log would be great.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Yes, thanks! I've updated the wiki and the help.html to list the MX+ as a supported device.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
B52Bombardier1

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

Hello,

Ok, debug log coming. I'm about to write another 0411 PCM and will capture a debug log on that computer. But here are the specifications on my MX+ device:

Firmware ID: STN1151 v4.6.1
Hardware ID: OBDLink MX BT r2.2

And hey - this thing is not that slow. It really isn't slow for me and I'm quite happy using it with PCM Hammer. Good computer batteries and a dependable three amp, 13.8 volt bench harness removes most risks here.

Many thanks,

Rick
B52Bombardier1

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

PCM Hammer MX+ Debug Log.rtf
(420.93 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Hello,

I looked around in the PCM Hammer 014 folder on this computer and found no saved logs of any kind in files dated today. So I copied the contents of the "Results" tab and the "Debug" tab into a document and have attached them here.

I will suggest dumping these results into a set of files saved wherever PCM Hammer operates from to assist us users in helping you the developers in the future. Or not . . . . merely a suggestion.

I thank you for the creation and use of PCM Hammer. Looks good to me.

Rick
Attachments
PCM Hammer MX+ Results Log.rtf
(9.15 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you for the logs ...

If logs are automatically saved then people would complain about PcmHammer pooing all over their drive ...
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time (Poet John Lydgate as made famous by Abraham Lincoln).
I assure you, easier log saving is on the way.

For now, It's easy enough to,
Right-Click over the text
Select: Select All
Right Click over the selected text
Select: Copy

Open Notepad and paste ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Overdrive915
cars: G20 4X4 7.4 l gen 6

Post by Overdrive915 »

Hi to all
I have just completed a Read on a P59 with the OBD Link MX+ and it was a dream tested it with tunerpro and all was in order. Thanks to all involved. :D :D :D