P59 custom os for 1uz

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
delcowizzid

Re: P59 custom os for 1uz

Post by delcowizzid »

Iuzfe is so easy to swap trigger wheels I love them for that 1 slide on wheel on the crank snout with a key slot too easy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Built-vs-t5-ute
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

Ah I see. My other options are standalone for about the same price so if i can get a gm ecu to do everything I need great if not I'll go standalone haha. And yeah 1uzs are my favourite v8 ever. Can't beat a dohc v8 with factory internals capable of 800+ :turbo:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you get the large rod version they handle some power the little rod one not so much. This one was good till I pulled it a bit far on the dyno with far more power and rpm than the little rods could handle didn't realise it was a small rod motor vaporised the rods and 4 pistons haha. Just waiting on the 18000 doller heads to come back to go on the fully forged bottomend and go again https://youtu.be/Y70Lwkm9nu4
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
tkelly2784
cars: Too many BMW's.

Post by tkelly2784 »

Right now there are two tables, one for cranking VE and one for normal running. They are both big enough with enough resolution for almost any NA motor. The first group of 1UZ motors came out in 1989 so they were probably using an 8bit ECU. If that was enough to run them back in the day what the Delphi box has to offer will be totally fine.

I also want boost and what we have to do is either cut the resolution by the amount of boost you want to run (2bar = 1/2 resolution in VE table, still totally fine) or move the VE table to somewhere with more room in the ROM and make it bigger. It would also be possible to halve or double the resolution of the table after it is moved. It's a lot easier to move the table but I haven't tried it because I only have one box and I don't know if it will make a brick.

How much is an ECU near you? This one cost me $80 + sh. I want to buy a whole, running vehicle with PCM for $300-400 for this project so you can see my hesitation to rush out and brick this one. There's no reason to have custom code to get the fueling right on any NA V8 engine I can think of, just a calibration modification.

I was thinking about the crank and I think a good place to start would be an arduino simulator. There was talk of them here and it might need to be an ESP32 or STM32 to get the speed fast enough. If you have that then you could make an interpreter from 1UZ to GM crank trigger pulses.

Another option is one of these

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12559353

you can add that to your 1UZ and keep the stock PCM running as you transition to GM.
delcowizzid wrote:If you get the large rod version they handle some power the little rod one not so much. This one was good till I pulled it a bit far on the dyno with far more power and rpm than the little rods could handle didn't realise it was a small rod motor vaporised the rods and 4 pistons haha. Just waiting on the 18000 doller heads to come back to go on the fully forged bottomend and go again https://youtu.be/Y70Lwkm9nu4
:-O

delcowizzid are you tuning V6's with these delphi boxes?
Attachments
tables.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

All my v6s are on delco 808s and 424s the iuzfe twin turbo was on a very old link and duel cdi driver boxes running mercury outboard coils on E98
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

delcowizzid wrote:If you get the large rod version they handle some power the little rod one not so much. This one was good till I pulled it a bit far on the dyno with far more power and rpm than the little rods could handle didn't realise it was a small rod motor vaporised the rods and 4 pistons haha. Just waiting on the 18000 doller heads to come back to go on the fully forged bottomend and go again https://youtu.be/Y70Lwkm9nu4
Yeah I've got 2 big rod engines one 90 1uz with only 200 thou sitting in my shed an the other still in my early 94 Lexus.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

tkelly2784 wrote:Right now there are two tables, one for cranking VE and one for normal running. They are both big enough with enough resolution for almost any NA motor. The first group of 1UZ motors came out in 1989 so they were probably using an 8bit ECU. If that was enough to run them back in the day what the Delphi box has to offer will be totally fine.

I also want boost and what we have to do is either cut the resolution by the amount of boost you want to run (2bar = 1/2 resolution in VE table, still totally fine) or move the VE table to somewhere with more room in the ROM and make it bigger. It would also be possible to halve or double the resolution of the table after it is moved. It's a lot easier to move the table but I haven't tried it because I only have one box and I don't know if it will make a brick.

How much is an ECU near you? This one cost me $80 + sh. I want to buy a whole, running vehicle with PCM for $300-400 for this project so you can see my hesitation to rush out and brick this one. There's no reason to have custom code to get the fueling right on any NA V8 engine I can think of, just a calibration modification.

I was thinking about the crank and I think a good place to start would be an arduino simulator. There was talk of them here and it might need to be an ESP32 or STM32 to get the speed fast enough. If you have that then you could make an interpreter from 1UZ to GM crank trigger pulses.

Another option is one of these

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12559353
The stock ecus are ok but they for distributor there not tunable and they have a really bad habits of cooking themselves from shitty caps from factory. If you know how to move and make the ve table bigger your my hero lol and probably many other p59 users hero as well. I can sometimes stag vz and ve ls ecus for like 5o bucks at a local u pull. Have to get there early the right time tho as they can go quick. A running vehicle woth pcm will cost much more than 400 haha. Yeah I will be buying a ls crank trigger to go on the uz if I decide down this path. Going through prices and such for getting all the sensors and everything id need even just to get that dash working is proving to probably end up more expensive than my full standalone and digital dash option tho as I can't pass up a 300 dollar standalone system.
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

i can get you a p59 bin with bigger table
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Vampyre wrote:i can get you a p59 bin with bigger table