Free bricked PCMs? I'll send, no charge!

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
spider21
cars: 03 Siverado
05 M3
02 Golf

Re: Free bricked PCMs? I'll send, no charge!

Post by spider21 »

I will take the p59 if it's still available and pay shipping
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

pcmhacking will unbrick if the bootloader is good by shorting the pin to force it to boot in to recovery mode. From what you said about how you bricked them, I reckon they will all be recoverable, except perhaps the 3800 P04.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
codemanrose
cars: 1992 Corvette
2014 Silverado
2015 Traverse

Post by codemanrose »

sorry, forgot to chime back.

Antus, I believe I have tried this. Maybe I did not do it correctly. But I tried to ground out the pin directly. I can try it again. Or unless there is other info out there?

The p59 is a weird one, which I have run into on own 06 silverado a few years ago and just assumed it was their finicky voltage issue on write. I need to plug that in again to read what it says. I think the info can be gathered from that but nothing else.

The 896/411 I had all bricked were basically bad bin files when I mistakenly changed trans type in tuner pro. Now that I know much more than I did last year on segments I can see why.