Gm 4.3 P59, possible?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Gm 4.3 P59, possible?

Post by antus »

Open it up so you can get to the back of it, then with it powered up and pcmhammer or lsdroid ready to go momentarily ground this pin (in between 2 red marks) near the bottom of the circuit board pictured. That'll glitch it in to recovery mode, and then start your full write/clone.
Attachments
p59 vz elec throttle unlock pin.jpg
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Aedakin
cars: 77 El Camino Classic
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

ok, I updated LS Droid on my phone and it is working on Debugging the damn thing. Testies crossed
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

I did that Antus. Now I can not read it at all.
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

ok, after a new install of LS Droid 2.2B it would not let me write to a PCM. But apparently after a dozen or so attempts it would allow me. Then, again, after multiple attempts of flashing, it did finally flashed the PCM with the original bin file minus VATS. Now I am leaving well enough alone. Every once in a while I will search for a suitable XDF for my OS. Apparently my PCM doesn't appreciate being backdated. Until then I will just have to tolerate that damn Check Engine light for the emission codes I can't disable or fix.

They say an insane man does the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well I have to say, sometimes it works.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes the reliability does leave something to be desired. I wonder if pcmhammer would give you different results? But if you have a bluetooth interface you would need a PC with bluetooth to use it. Either way Im glad you got it up and running. I guess then, it was never bricked, but something else was going on. Are you bench flashing or in the car? Maybe one of your modules is not silencing and is still talking on the data bus when it should not be. If you were able to do a flash (or a read) with pcm hammer and post up the debug log we could take a look.

As for the light, I have been reading about this and it may be the BCM turning it on, or it may be DTCs. Im not exactly clear if we are talking about a a security light (key icon or similar, only for this) or the check engine light. If its check engine then disabling the DTCs P1626 P1632 might work. I can post up a bin with those turned off for your OS. Or if its a light of its own controlled by the BCM or similar, then If it were me I'd pull out the bulb.

Here is your original bin with the two DTCs turned off for processing. You should be able to calibration flash this provided you are back on this OS if you want to try again.
Attachments
OldBlueFactory - no vats 2.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry you have had such an issue ...

This is not a PCM issue, it is a communication issue!

Pay attention to logs (if LSDroid logs) ... If you do not get perfect test results then do NOT flash!
Any errors or retries in a log means ... DO NOT FLASH!

Thus it is most likely one of the following,
1) LSDroid
2) Device (tool / Cable)
3) Device on bus not silencing. (BCM)
4) Bad wiring.

All easily fixable ...
To start with, get a USB device, a Computer and use PcmHammer!
That may or may not solve your issue at first, but it will allow us to help you identify the issue resulting in a resolution WITHOUT RISKING your PCM!

I personally am incapable of supporting LSDroid ... I have never seen it, don't plan to.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

As cheap as they can be found, I would go ahead and get a spare PCM to play with.
That way if things DO go wrong, then at least you'd have the original to fall back on.

Mike
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

antus wrote:Yes the reliability does leave something to be desired. I wonder if pcmhammer would give you different results? But if you have a bluetooth interface you would need a PC with bluetooth to use it. Either way Im glad you got it up and running. I guess then, it was never bricked, but something else was going on. Are you bench flashing or in the car? Maybe one of your modules is not silencing and is still talking on the data bus when it should not be. If you were able to do a flash (or a read) with pcm hammer and post up the debug log we could take a look.

As for the light, I have been reading about this and it may be the BCM turning it on, or it may be DTCs. Im not exactly clear if we are talking about a a security light (key icon or similar, only for this) or the check engine light. If its check engine then disabling the DTCs P1626 P1632 might work. I can post up a bin with those turned off for your OS. Or if its a light of its own controlled by the BCM or similar, then If it were me I'd pull out the bulb.

Here is your original bin with the two DTCs turned off for processing. You should be able to calibration flash this provided you are back on this OS if you want to try again.

I was flashing in truck, then went to bench flashing, and the PCM is the only module. i swapped the powertrain out of an 06 silverado into my 94 C1500. Well, bought the powertrain from a friend and installed into the 94.

The VATS are disable. I am referring to the "Check Engine" and emission codes P0449, P0452, P0463. I would disable such things if I had access to such things.
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

Gampy wrote:Sorry you have had such an issue ...

This is not a PCM issue, it is a communication issue!

Pay attention to logs (if LSDroid logs) ... If you do not get perfect test results then do NOT flash!
Any errors or retries in a log means ... DO NOT FLASH!

Thus it is most likely one of the following,
1) LSDroid
2) Device (tool / Cable)
3) Device on bus not silencing. (BCM)
4) Bad wiring.

All easily fixable ...
To start with, get a USB device, a Computer and use PcmHammer!
That may or may not solve your issue at first, but it will allow us to help you identify the issue resulting in a resolution WITHOUT RISKING your PCM!

I personally am incapable of supporting LSDroid ... I have never seen it, don't plan to.

Hello Gampy,

I never had any errors or retries. Its just that after I loaded the second OS/BIN with disable VATS(I believe with success). The truck would not start, like before. Ok, no problem. I reloaded my working bin(factory w/ disabled VATS). after it loaded. I could no longer interface with the PCM. Even pulled out my Scantool to hook straight to it. still nothing.

repeated tries, over n over. researching for anything.

but after learning how to enter recovery mode (and a few tries doing that) i was successful at recovery.

I very much appreciate all the help I have received for, for the recovery and everything up to that point. Ya'll have saved me a lot of money. I learned a lot, and this also helps me a lot for future projects, like running a TPI 350 with a 411 and a modified LT1 top-end in the El Camino.
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all;

As cheap as they can be found, I would go ahead and get a spare PCM to play with.
That way if things DO go wrong, then at least you'd have the original to fall back on.

Mike

And yes, Duck. That is the plan. there are a few smaller things I'd like to scavenge from a yard. I might as well get another PCM anyway. Going to need a couple for future projects anyways.