Gm 4.3 P59, possible?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Aedakin
cars: 77 El Camino Classic
86 K5
94 C1500

Re: Gm 4.3 P59, possible?

Post by Aedakin »

That is so awesome. This 06 4.3 with about 40k miles on it sounds so much better than the 94 4.3 with about 325k on it. Now that she runs I can finish up up all the smaller stuff, like integrating the new system with the only instrument cluster and such. unfortunately since I'm also switching over to electric fan, both had clutch fans, I'll have to wait for further progress with the V6 support. Until then I'll have to settle for a switch in the block.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

As we have discussed a little on PM, and from the start of this thread an update to OSID 12587603 would give you better tuning options. Here is a 4.3L bin with that OS. I havnt sanity checked that its right for your PCM, im just going by the earlier post and '4.3' but if it checks out at the right thing then you should do a full write of this after disabling VATS with the matching XDF from here: https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/LS_B ... es/P59_1Mb
Attachments
2004 Chevrolet S-10 Truck Automatic LU3 4.3 Litre (PCM 12587603).bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

Ok, I do have my truck running with the VATS disable on the factory bin. But it would be nice if I could disable a few Emission codes since a few lines were just cut when pulling from donor vehicle. I plan on eventually getting the whole emission system working incase I do need to "Emission Test" it. But for now, to upgrade my OS, is there anything special I need to do, or just upload the new bin? I did go though the bin for the 04 4.3 with the above XDF and adjust a few things. If something does fails, I assume I can load my original or VATS Disabled bin? I'm just trying to confirm as much as I can to avoid catastrophic failure.

When I am complete I will upload my bin incase anyone else wants it, of course, with a better name. I was in a hurry the other day.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Aedakin wrote:But for now, to upgrade my OS, is there anything special I need to do, or just upload the new bin?
Yup, just Select "Write OS, Calibration & Boot" from the Tools menu and upload the new bin file.
Aedakin wrote:I assume I can load my original or VATS Disabled bin?
Yes, If the OS change is not to your liking you can just do "Write OS, Calibration & Boot" with your choice of whatever backup you have.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

ok, thank you
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

disabled VATS, using LS Droid loaded onto PCM, would not start, reloaded Factory-VATS Disabled bin. Starts again. I think I'll just leave it where she is until I can get a working XDF or another editing option comes along.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Please try this bin, It is the same bin Antus posted, with VATS disabled in a different way ... I do not know LSDroid ...

So, using PcmHammer you would want to select "Write Full Flash (Clone)" from the Tools menu.
Then select "Change VIN" from the Tools menu to change the VIN back to your original VIN.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

you know, i had it drive able. yes the Check Engine light was annoying cause of a few codes, but drive able. but with all this back and forth trying to get a workable bin/xdf now LS Droid cant even get a PCM OS Number off of it. guess its time for a new pcm. I dont blame anyone. i knew the risks, working with "pretty good" software

but at least now i know which way to go. find a cheap compatible Junkyard PCM and load my drivable bin on it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have you tried a recovery flash? I wouldnt write it off yet. It might not be right, but if it responds in recovery mode you should be able to flash a good bin in to it and get back to where you were.

As for the security light, there is another thread where the same OS is being discussed, viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6954

I think it looks like you need to set DTCs P1626 P1632 to 'dont report' to turn the light off.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Aedakin
86 K5
94 C1500

Post by Aedakin »

not a "security" light a "check engine" light

no, i know nothing about a recovery flash. can you tell me about it? what do i do?