VATS delete

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
yoheer

Re: VATS delete

Post by yoheer »

Failed. The same stuff. Security bulb is on
Tried both 0, 1 and 2 value. When enabled vats - car does not start. When disabled-lamp stays on
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ok lets try this one, I did some reading and found that the theft DTCs need to be set to 'dont report' not just 'no check engine light'. So I have changed DTC P1626 and P1632 to not report. I read that for DTC changes you need to write the OS, but I am not sure if that is right. Try a calibration only write and if that doesnt fix it try a full write and let us know.

I also looked at the main two commercial packages out there and they disagree with each other about if there is 2 or 3 VATs settings in this OS. So i'm not sure about that. Will need to go deeper at some stage with the disassembler and figure out which is right.

I have attached both versions. One (or both?) of them should work. Let us know how you go.
Attachments
VIN+CAT_DELETE_12587603-DTC P1626 P1632 disabled 2.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
VIN+CAT_DELETE_12587603-DTC P1626 P1632 disabled 1.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Info: when I made the very first flash and changed OS from 12579405 to 12587603, I did a full flash. Maybe this is important
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think it is. That should include the paramater block. I dont know exactly whats in that block but I know its not the same between operating systems. So that gives your OS what it expects, then set the vin back to what it should be (its also saved in that area).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I'm trying to do a little research here..
Do you happen to know what you have for a theft system? I'm in the USA, your not.. When I look up schematics I show that some export use a transponder type system(hidden chip) inside the key.
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Do you have this around your ign cylinder in the column?

I'm unaware that the PCM/ECM could even turn the theft light on, last I knew you could have the ecm unplugged.. when you turn the key on and turn to crank the passlock system sees the 'magic' voltage and if it's good then the BCM authorizes the ECM to continue running, the theft light would go out regardless I thought.. I have done ecu swaps and the truck start stalls because theft relearn isn't done but the theft light is out and no BCM codes.. there is a p1629 in the ECM because I didn't do the learn..

Do you have a scan tool to read codes in the BCM? curious as to what codes are setting..
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

The theft system is standard. There is no such thing on a column. I have different scan tools, i'll try to connect to bcm via obdlink. Also i can try to use tech2win with j2534. I have vcm2, maybe it will be able to connect.
Is it possible to relearn VATS ? To make it work with new flashed bin or new pcm? Maybe it would be the easiest way to switch off the bulb. I can just cut the led from the dash, but i'm interested to find the best way to do it. I think we all want to know if it is possible to do it with tunerpro or some other tools, using scaners and flashers .
BTW there is practically no export cars in here. We mostly ride US domestic cars. And the situation is the same in all russian speaking countries :)
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

One ineteresting thing about security light. When vats is disabled the light goes on in about 20sec after engine start. And when vats is on the engine does not start at all. Not like everybody says that it runs fo 1sec. I think that it is because of ecm full flash
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Ok, so if you have the standard theft system which consists of the passlock housing then there is a 30 minute manual relearn that requires no scan tools.. I'd give that a try with the new OS..
try new OS with the theft enabled..

I guess if the BCM sends the enable/key to the PCM and if theft is turned off in the PCM then it doesn't send anything back to the BCM so the BCM turns the light on? hmmm...

30 Minute Learn Procedure
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

I decided to start with relearn. The procedure works with flashed new bin ecu and security is enabled now. This is good news.
I haven't tried disabling security DTCs and check if the bulb stays on. This is bad news.
I'll try it on someone's else car
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

yoheer wrote:I decided to start with relearn. The procedure works with flashed new bin ecu and security is enabled now. This is good news.
AWESOME!

I think this is an important bit of knowledge and would like to clarify.

1) You did a Full Flash from OsID:12579405 to OsID:12587603 with VATS enabled.
2) Then you did the Security Re-learn procedure outlined previously.

So, it is currently running on OsID:12587603 with security enabled and all is good ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!