Fuel Gauge

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: Fuel Gauge

Post by Gampy »

yoheer,

If you have the vehicle you can safely test on, the time and the comfort to write different binaries, I would recommend trying the following two, they both handle the gauge in different ways then yours.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6841&p=101710&sid=fca45593fc1387525d775da983eed3d2#p101710
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6730&p=102322&sid=836d569f75fb0fb0ab135d3dc5b2f0a0#p102322
It would be interesting knowing the results.

The only goal at the moment is gauge direction ... No need to 'tune', nothing else matters at the moment.
I suspect it would help if the tank was either 1/4 full or 3/4 full, that should give a more noticeable change.

[edit]
I forget about security, I do not know how a full write will affect that ??
In reality, you should only need to write the Calibration ...
I like to remove variables when diagnosing and thus would do a full write, but like I said I don't know if that would cause other vehicle issues.

You shouldn't need to run the vehicle, just Ignition on and observe gauge.

[edit2]
Do you have the original Escalade 12587603 OS .bin file you started with, the one you created your VIN+CAT_DELETE_12587603.bin from ??
I would appreciate it if you would either post the original or PM it to me. Thank you!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Hi Gampy. I was missing for a while.
I can try all you said. Also I have that escalade bin file and ill post it here when i'd get to PC.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That would be great, it would be really nice to figure this Fuel gauge issue out.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

2004 Escalade 5.3AutoStock.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Stock escalade bin
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank ya sir!

yoheer,

This is all up to you, it's your vehicle, it's your time, it's your comfort level, it's your risk ... I'll gladly accept blame if things go awry, unfortunately that doesn't get back your time or out of the fix my suggestions may have got you in.

It is my recommendation to follow the following steps,

First things first ... Before you begin, PLEASE do,
1. "Read Entire PCM" and save someplace safe for backup purposes!
2. Do a "Test Write" ...
If both the above Operations do not happen PERFECTLY (no errors, no retries), do not continue!

Then
1. Write Full Flash (Clone)
2. Ignition off.
3. Wait 20 seconds or more.
4. Disconnect battery.
5. Wait 1 minute or more.
6. Re-connect battery
7. Wait 10 seconds or more.
8. Ignition On
9. Observe Fuel Gauge - Take Notes.
Repeat for each binary ...

Also, this HDW 12583660 - SERV 12586242 - OS 12587603 - 2004TahoeDBW5.3FlexFuel.bin, is pretty close to the 2003 Avalanche ... I would try it as well as the two previously mentioned ones.

Remember the goal is to recognize ANY Gauge changes, hopefully it flips directions!

roadlet411

Post by roadlet411 »

Any chance any of this would fix my fuel gauge in my 2005 Yukon being at 100% all the time?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

roadlet411 wrote:Any chance any of this would fix my fuel gauge in my 2005 Yukon being at 100% all the time?
Of course that would depend on what the problem is ...

Is this a stock vehicle ??
What has been done that could possibly cause this issue ??

yoheer

Post by yoheer »

I did it. But i'm lazy =)))
I just flashed calibrations.
So the first bin was terrible. The car started badly and worked rough. Nothing for gauge. The same stuff with the oter bins except the last one flex fuel.
There was about 80% of gas in tank
The gauge went offscale to max. Sometimes it just fell down to min. Then to max again.
Then it showed half at about 10gal in tank. ~5gal is the first mark of the gauge
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Remember the goal was strictly to see if the gauge worked in the correct direction, whether it was accurate or the vehicle ran is irrelevant ...

Intermittency is not a fault of calibration, that is hardware (gauge, sender, wiring) issues ...

So, if I understand correctly, with this "HDW 12583660 - SERV 12586242 - OS 12587603 - 2004TahoeDBW5.3FlexFuel.bin" file the gauge worked in the correct direction ??

yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Yes, youre right