PCM Hammer Release 015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
tonyorlo
cars: 91 s10 v8 megasquirt
72 karmann ghia
94 jaguar xj6 to be LS swapped

Re: PCM Hammer Release 015

Post by tonyorlo »

Im just chiming in to post of a sucessfull rewrite using 015. This was my first attempt at making changes to a PCM, I only did basic stuff to get the engine running in my swap. I did use a different OS ID, something more common. I am very eager to learn more about the datalogger. Im unsure if this is where I should post this? Please by easy on the FNG.
Attachments
1st rewrite.png
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

cool, thanks for letting us know.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

This is assume you guys rock, just looking over the open source code and loving all of it! I want to read and right my bcm. Currently I can write to it via modified sps files. But I want to be able to read the bin file. I have a elm329, eml327. Avt-852, and mongoose pro. Best choice is the mongoose pro.

To start I want to use the sps logs I have traced to read using VPW mode 34, and I want to try changing the vin, and try reading with mode 35. I disassembled the gm kernel and it looks like there is mode 35, and 34 commands in the write kernel. Eventually I’ll want to write a fresh kernel but I just want to fool around with sending and receiving messages on the VPW bus using the mongoose pro.

Have you guys thought about adding a feature to allow the user to send out commands to the eml327, or mongoose pro? And a way to see what the module is responding back with? Thanks again for such an amazing job so far! On reading writing the 0411, p59.

Btw I can probably help add support to read and write a mefi 5 pcm, I was able to read it out just using hyper terminal and eml329.

Thanks Jamie
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

elm 327 is too limited, we are not interested in trying to add support for it. flashing would take days to run and the code would need to be very different to the existing code to the point where its just not worth it. bcm support would be good and the framework shouldnt need any major changes to support it. im sure we would accept pull requests to add support.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

antus wrote:elm 327 is too limited, we are not interested in trying to add support for it. flashing would take days to run and the code would need to be very different to the existing code to the point where its just not worth it. bcm support would be good and the framework shouldnt need any major changes to support it. im sure we would accept pull requests to add support.
Pull requests? What does that mean? Ok yes I’d prefer to use the j2534 mongoose pro or avt-852.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Github Pull Request ... See Hello World
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

04colyZQ8 wrote: Have you guys thought about adding a feature to allow the user to send out commands to the eml327, or mongoose pro? And a way to see what the module is responding back with?
There is an app called VpwExplorer in the GitHub code that you can use to send any message you want using any of the supported devices. The EML327 is not really a supported device for the reasons Antus mentioned, but it might work for sending and receiving short messages with that app.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

NSFW wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote: Have you guys thought about adding a feature to allow the user to send out commands to the eml327, or mongoose pro? And a way to see what the module is responding back with?
There is an app called VpwExplorer in the GitHub code that you can use to send any message you want using any of the supported devices. The EML327 is not really a supported device for the reasons Antus mentioned, but it might work for sending and receiving short messages with that app.

Ok yes I seen the source code for it or the visual studio solution file but not the exe. I don’t know how to build it yet I’m still learning code. I didn’t know the VPW explorer used the j2534 pass thru and other devices I thought it just used the Adriano shell. I have an shell but it stopped working?
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

04colyZQ8 wrote:
NSFW wrote:

Ok yes I seen the source code for it or the visual studio solution file but not the exe. I don’t know how to build it yet I’m still learning code. I didn’t know the VPW explorer used the j2534 pass thru and other devices I thought it just used the Adriano shell. I have an shell but it stopped working?

Ok I found the app it works great! At this point I can unlock the bcm and read the vin, and read the segment numbers. So cool I’m sending out VPW messages with either mongoose or avt both work just fine! Is there a way to see all messages on the VPW network though?

How do I use the s.28 to bin program? Is that through command promt only? I have a s record file of my kernel I want to make it a hex bin file.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

from command prompt, not sure if it works on anything newer than winXP though.
MOT2BIN.EXE
(11.21 KiB) Downloaded 154 times