PCM Hammer Release 015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: PCM Hammer Release 015

Post by kur4o »

In-Tech wrote:from command prompt, not sure if it works on anything newer than winXP though.
MOT2BIN.EXE

Thanks for sharing. Just had to test it and it worked great.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

In-Tech wrote:from command prompt, not sure if it works on anything newer than winXP though.
MOT2BIN.EXE
Ok thanks I’ll give that a try!
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I’m trying to find a way to log some tech 2 functions to the bcm. Can I use captureserial for that? I’m not sure to run it? I’m using cmd it asks what com port? What baud rate and file name? Can I set it up to run my avt 852 on port 3? What baud rate do I use? Were do I enter that info in the program? I’m not familiar with .Cs I have visual studio and can rebuild the stock capture serial program. But changing some strings gives errors? Line 36 was what I tried to change? What lines to I edit?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

04colyZQ8 wrote:I’m trying to find a way to log some tech 2 functions to the bcm. Can I use captureserial for that? I’m not sure to run it? I’m using cmd it asks what com port? What baud rate and file name? Can I set it up to run my avt 852 on port 3? What baud rate do I use? Were do I enter that info in the program? I’m not familiar with .Cs I have visual studio and can rebuild the stock capture serial program. But changing some strings gives errors? Line 36 was what I tried to change? What lines to I edit?
I cannot answer about it's uses ... I can about it's use and the C#.

Line 36 is not likely a place you would want to modify.

What are you trying to change and why??

It is a command line tool, to run it you would provide the COMx port and the baud rate.
For example, open a command prompt in the directory (folder) where CaptureSerial.exe is located and type,
CaptureSerial COM3 115200
that will dump whatever comes in the port to a file in the current directory based on the date and time

Or
CaptureSerial COM3 115200 Filename.txt
will dump whatever comes in the port to a file in the current directory named Filename.txt.

You need to provide the proper COMx port and baud rate for your hardware and settings ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Gampy wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:I’m trying to find a way to log some tech 2 functions to the bcm. Can I use captureserial for that? I’m not sure to run it? I’m using cmd it asks what com port? What baud rate and file name? Can I set it up to run my avt 852 on port 3? What baud rate do I use? Were do I enter that info in the program? I’m not familiar with .Cs I have visual studio and can rebuild the stock capture serial program. But changing some strings gives errors? Line 36 was what I tried to change? What lines to I edit?
I cannot answer about it's uses ... I can about it's use and the C#.

Line 36 is not likely a place you would want to modify.

What are you trying to change and why??

It is a command line tool, to run it you would provide the COMx port and the baud rate.
For example, open a command prompt in the directory (folder) where CaptureSerial.exe is located and type,
CaptureSerial COM3 115200
that will dump whatever comes in the port to a file in the current directory based on the date and time

Or
CaptureSerial COM3 115200 Filename.txt
will dump whatever comes in the port to a file in the current directory named Filename.txt.

You need to provide the proper COMx port and baud rate for your hardware and settings ...

Great thanks! I did what you said using a mongoose pro to send the tech 2 commands to the bcm. And then using the avt-852 at com port 5 set at 115200 I get nothing no byes recorded?? Do I need to change the code to view sent messages to adress 40 the bcm? Because pcm would be at 10, on the vpw
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

04colyZQ8 wrote:Great thanks! I did what you said using a mongoose pro to send the tech 2 commands to the bcm. And then using the avt-852 at com port 5 set at 115200 I get nothing no byes recorded?? Do I need to change the code to view sent messages to adress 40 the bcm? Because pcm would be at 10, on the vpw
If I understand correctly you have a splitter (Y cable) on the DLC, on one side you have the Mongoose, on the other you have an AVT and you are trying to record activity with the AVT while sending with the Mongoose.

Is that the scenario you have going on ??

I do not have experience with either the Mongoose or AVT, therefore I do not know their capabilities!
However, to do the above described scenario, the listening device (AVT in this case) must be in a Monitoring mode.
Last edited by Gampy on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The mongoose is a standard J2534 device.

The AVT is proprietary, and it does not support the ELM or STN command sets. You would want to use the AVT hex term software to provide an ascii representation of the data. http://www.avt-hq.com/download.htm#Hex_Term_SW You would need to look the pcmhammer debug logs for the AVT, and the sample can monitor .dwn file, and instead set the AVT up for VPW communications. Detailed information about the AVT protocol is here http://www.avt-hq.com/download.htm#AVT-852

As this doesnt have anything to do with PCM Hammer 015, it would be best to start another thread if you need further help.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Gampy wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:Great thanks! I did what you said using a mongoose pro to send the tech 2 commands to the bcm. And then using the avt-852 at com port 5 set at 115200 I get nothing no byes recorded?? Do I need to change the code to view sent messages to adress 40 the bcm? Because pcm would be at 10, on the vpw
If I understand correctly you have a splitter (Y cable) on the DLC, on one side you have the Mongoose, on the other you have an AVT and you are trying to record activity with the AVT while sending with the Mongoose.

Is that the scenario you have going on ??

I do not have experience with either the Mongoose or AVT, therefore I do not know their capabilities!
However, to do the above described scenario, the listening device (AVT in this case) must be in a Monitoring mode.
Yes this exactly what I’m trying to do. Oh so I should try and use a eml327 instead I have one. Too pretty sure.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

antus wrote:The mongoose is a standard J2534 device.

The AVT is proprietary, and it does not support the ELM or STN command sets. You would want to use the AVT hex term software to provide an ascii representation of the data. http://www.avt-hq.com/download.htm#Hex_Term_SW You would need to look the pcmhammer debug logs for the AVT, and the sample can monitor .dwn file, and instead set the AVT up for VPW communications. Detailed information about the AVT protocol is here http://www.avt-hq.com/download.htm#AVT-852

As this doesnt have anything to do with PCM Hammer 015, it would be best to start another thread if you need further help.

Ok sorry yes I started a new thread here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7188#p106860