PCM Hammer Release 015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: PCM Hammer Release 015 (Preview)

Post by Tazzi »

NSFW wrote:
kur4o wrote:Here is some logs and a file with some commands to control pcm. It can give you a better understanding about how to set ip up.

Setting up is the channels is the trickiest part. You need a list of all the pids the pcm supports, if you request non-supported pid the pcm gives an error.
And than there is some priority byte that is not fully understood. Mimic the commands set from the logs can prove it works reliable.
Thanks, that looks very helpful! The logs show a mode $10 message at the start of the logging session, which might be the key thing I've been missing. I'm going to try that plus some different DPID IDs and see if streaming will work.
Mode 10 is disable faults or something along those lines off the top of my head?

Going through the logs we have multiple dynamic requests, first one being:
6C 10 F1 2C F6 4A 11 42 11 52
2C - Mode
FE - DPID Table that PIDs are loaded into
4A - 01001010, therefore 01 is used PID, 001 is start at byte 1, 010 is get 2 bytes
1142 - PID 1142
1152 - PID 1152

Each byte will be 1 byte response.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Once all the DPIDs have been filled with all data if interest:

6C 10 F1 2A 14 F6 F7 F9 FA
6C F1 10 7F 2A 14 F6 F7 F9 FA 23
6C 10 F1 2A 24 FB FC FD FE

First frame requests to begin live data (0x2A), the timer priority is 0x14 and to run DPIDs F6,F7,F9 and FA.
Next frame actually says "Failed" with a 7F response, but this seems to be normal in alot of VPW based ecus.. even though its successful.
Final frame requests to begin live data (0x2A), timer priority is 0x24 and to run DPIDs FB,FC,FD and FE.

The priority is basically a timer, you can only have so many loaded on each timer which is why they are split over two.
jlvaldez
cars: '01 - Corvette Z06
'20 - Sierra Denali
'03 - Volvo S80 T6
'16 - Accord V6

Post by jlvaldez »

This is genuinely interesting. How'd you figure this out? lol. I thought they were PIDs.

So you're saying there's a different mode I should use to request the single PID from the ABS module instead of building a DPID list with 1 PID lol.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

jlvaldez wrote:This is genuinely interesting. How'd you figure this out? lol. I thought they were PIDs.

So you're saying there's a different mode I should use to request the single PID from the ABS module instead of building a DPID list with 1 PID lol.
Yes correct!

I actually had the user Jayme on here explain it to me in one of my other threads. I was reverse engineering the tech2 frames for the engine computer which does exactly the same as your ABS module.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Bug check ...

Open PcmHammer015-B-Preview.
If not already done, select your device and OK out.

Now that your device is selected.

Open the 'Select Device' dialog.
Select: Cancel

Then select anything from the Operations box or the Tools menu.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

got the chance to try it out with the MDI2 tonight. Full read and test write worked great :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Excellent!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I've updated the zip file in the first post. Please give it a try!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

The same code that's in the zip file has been submitted to the Windows app store as "PCM Hammer (Beta)" and "PCM Logger (Beta)"

If they work well for everyone else too, I'll resubmit them without the "Beta" part.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!