needing a little help Please xdf etc

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
pdt8181
cars: 2002 mustang gt

needing a little help Please xdf etc

Post by pdt8181 »

So this is what I am trying to do. I have a 03 Yukon powertrain and all the goodies from it. the plan is to install it in a classic truck cluster and all with an I did it steering wheel. the only thing I want to do is flash the pcm so its standalone. I understand a how to edit the bin. using the xdf for a road map with TP RT. Hope I understand this correctly! using pcm hammer to read the bin and save edit in TP and write back via PCM hammer.. IF possible could I get a little guidance on which xdf to use for this and what addresses are needing correction for stand alone operation. (minus the original ign and passkey B/s. Addresses for fault codes might be needed too. maybe an extra bin to compare with?. mine and what to use for the checksum calc. I am a locksmith and work with many security issues. have tis laptop genuine mdi and other vci devices but I am so excited to progress with doing my own editing. have ids and vcm2 and cardaq original (just got working) seems complicated but not in the grand scheme of things. Only elm we have is obd konwei wifi works but dunno about it with this. any help advice direction etc. is great! Thanks in advance! Bored hill billy with a laptop and a new notion of how things really work. past the oem click and wait. so exciting! Remember stay covid safe keep your muzzle handy. LOL
10:20:54:469] VIN: 1GNEC13ZX2R303418
[10:20:54:516] OS ID: 12216125
[10:20:54:547] Calibration ID: 12216121
[10:20:54:578] Hardware ID: 9386530
[10:20:54:687] Serial Number: 2EB35UBY2135
[10:20:54:734] Broad Cast Code: DNWZ
[10:20:54:765] MEC: 0

that's the pcm I am working with. message, reply will be read and advice heeded dang adhd!
VX L67 Getrag

Re: needing a little help Please xdf etc

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think you posted your update message in the wrong thread!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

It appears the above PCM information is incorrect and you actually want to use the PCM described in thread Re: a bit of help please.
Hardware ID 12570558 describes a P59 PCM with a 1m Intel Flash Chip that currently has Operating System 12593058 on it.

The XDF must match the Operating System ID, unfortunately there is no XDF for that operating system.

Have a look at the Wiki page here: https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/wiki/Operating-Systems
You are going to need to do an OS change to 12587603, so look for a .bin that is close to your vehicle and is OsID 12587603.

A handy tool for Checksums and what not is joukoy's Universal Patcher found here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6642#p97792, however with a proper XDF and TunerPro setup correctly it will handle the checksums.

You have a correct basic understanding, Edit the bin with TunerPro (and the correct XDF) and read/write the bin from/to the PCM using PCM Hammer ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

UniversalPatcher have also "Tuner" section where you can modify tables, set DTC codes on/off etc.
It is still under heavy development so be careful, don't edit settings for your daily driver :D