PCM Hammer 15 Failed Erase

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer 15 Failed Erase

Post by antus »

It looks like the allpro firmware repo has gone, and the hardware is not available, and it turned out to not be the most reliable interface. Im starting to wonder if its time to deprecate it or remove it. People who are using it successfully would be able to keep using 015, but I dont think there are very many of them in the wild. Certainly a lot less than the other supported interfaces. if we did this we would leave 015 available for people who need it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yea, just toss the old shit away ... No point in supporting yesterday!

Old is worthless!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
smartman__007
cars: 1990 Camaro

Post by smartman__007 »

antus wrote:It looks like someone sent us a pull request for this change. Thanks if that was you.
Yep, that was me. Trying to give back what little I can. This tool has been pretty amazing and useful for me. Hated the idea of having to haul my car to someone to fix some of the issues I was having.
Gampy wrote:As Antus has already eluded to, the changes as they are, would in fact be incompatible with the AllPro ... No investigation necessary!

Although WTF do I know, I've been wrong about everything in this thread ...
Gampy is definitely right, this will break the AllPro. There should be a way around it in the PR so we don't break it.
Gampy wrote:Yea, just toss the old shit away ... No point in supporting yesterday!

Old is worthless!
I'm completely fine with that but I definitely don't have the history with this project as you guys do to make those types of decisions. It is possible to use a different command depending on the underlying tool implementation so it shouldn't be an issue. It's a smaller change, and shouldn't affect the AllPro at all. Not sure if that change would be hacky though.