XDF for 12613246 OS

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: XDF for 12613246 OS

Post by Gampy »

I do not have that Os:126 13 246.

The easy part is editing, the hard part is finding 'the what and where' ...

If you have an original read (binary) of that Pcm either upload/post it here or PM it to me so I can pull it apart and hopefully find the What and Where!

I think that should be 1 ... not 2.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
tt03

Post by tt03 »

Gampy wrote:I do not have that Os:126 13 246.

The easy part is editing, the hard part is finding 'the what and where' ...

If you have an original read (binary) of that Pcm either upload/post it here or PM it to me so I can pull it apart and hopefully find the What and Where!

I think that should be 1 ... not 2.
You are most likely right, The patch tool created an xdf which I then modified because it only allowed me to change the value to 1. However on another bin I have which has vats set to 2 to disable. So I figured I would modify the xdf to allow me to set a value of 2 to disable. Would setting this to 1 disable it or put it into pwm? it was originally set to 00. I have also attatched the original bin file.
Attachments
1mbOriginalBin(2006 Chevy 1500 2wd).bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
tt03

Post by tt03 »

May I also note that the Patcher says that "1=None" So I'm guessing that is correct. My next question is why on another operating system is it set to 2 however on this one 1 = none? or is that even correct. Thanks for your help as well man!!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you for the bin.

0,1,2 ... Depends on the OS, not all are the same. I do suspect 1=none in this os.

BTW, Thank you for the education on the UP technique, never tried that ... YET!
Gawd there is so much to explore in that little jewel.

The build thread for UP is long, but it is an interesting read, watching the progression between joukoy and kur4o was amazing IMO.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
tt03

Post by tt03 »

Gampy wrote:Thank you for the bin.

0,1,2 ... Depends on the OS, not all are the same. I do suspect 1=none in this os.

BTW, Thank you for the education on the UP technique, never tried that ... YET!
Gawd there is so much to explore in that little jewel.

The build thread for UP is long, but it is an interesting read, watching the progression between joukoy and kur4o was amazing IMO.

Ohh alright, I'll try 1 and let you know how that goes. Also thank you for your help as well! Learned quite a bit in this quick conversation thanks to you! Also a quick question if you don't mind. The original pcm quit working and shutoff and is now indicating "reduced engine power" however I'm wanting to copy that flash over to my new pcm, would that work? I guess what I'm asking is are the 1mb files compatible with each others pcm? I am using a drive by wire so I would think so.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

tt03 wrote:Ohh alright, I'll try 1 and let you know how that goes.
Please do.
tt03 wrote:Also a quick question if you don't mind. The original pcm quit working and shutoff and is now indicating "reduced engine power" however I'm wanting to copy that flash over to my new pcm, would that work? I guess what I'm asking is are the 1mb files compatible with each others pcm? I am using a drive by wire so I would think so.
This is your thread, you can ask all the questions you want ... Whether anybody answers is a different story.
I try to answer what ever I think I know ... And sometimes what I don't know! :wtf:

There is only one known DO NOT DO in the P01/P59 Os interchange world ...
Do not put OsID 125 79 405 on a AMD Flash chipped PCM.
It will not brick it, but it will not work either, that OS was prior to the AMD chip and the flash routines are different between the Intel chip and AMD chip.

That means yes, you are likely ok unless the OsID is 125 79 405.

The bin you posted is off an AMD chipped Pcm.

[edit]
BTW, if you have the Service Number off that Pcm of the bin you posted that would be sweet.

tt03

Post by tt03 »

Gampy wrote:
tt03 wrote:Ohh alright, I'll try 1 and let you know how that goes.
Please do.
tt03 wrote:Also a quick question if you don't mind. The original pcm quit working and shutoff and is now indicating "reduced engine power" however I'm wanting to copy that flash over to my new pcm, would that work? I guess what I'm asking is are the 1mb files compatible with each others pcm? I am using a drive by wire so I would think so.
This is your thread, you can ask all the questions you want ... Whether anybody answers is a different story.
I try to answer what ever I think I know ... And sometimes what I don't know! :wtf:

There is only one known DO NOT DO in the P01/P59 Os interchange world ...
Do not put OsID 125 79 405 on a AMD Flash chipped PCM.
It will not brick it, but it will not work either, that OS was prior to the AMD chip and the flash routines are different between the Intel chip and AMD chip.

That means yes, you are likely ok unless the OsID is 125 79 405.

The bin you posted is off an AMD chipped Pcm.

[edit]
BTW, if you have the Service Number off that Pcm of the bin you posted that would be sweet.
Okay noted, will not do that lol. How could I tell AMD vs Intel? Is that the only OS using the Intel chip? Just curious lol. Also I'll pm you with the service number tomorrow as I'm not currently next to it. Thanks for all the help man! Also if you don't mind me asking what's the need for the service number? Thanks for helping me out, its greatly appreciated!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

No prob ...

PcmHammer will read it from the Pcm with any operation that Uploads the Kernel, like Verify or Test Write, it was a planned tool for the Tool menu but the Tool menu got filled up with the Operations.

As for the Service Number, it's a field in my database I like to fill ... Maybe a waste of time ... It's something I do!

I'm not a GM fanatic, I fly different colors and they ain't blue!
So I don't fully understand GM's numbering system, or the truth to what the service number is, I think it's like an umbrella number for the complete programed unit for the factory floor.
I do know, from collecting this info, that just because the service number is the same between two Pcm's, doesn't mean the os, or calibrations are the same ...

ALL P01/P59 1m Os's will run on a 1m Intel Pcm ... The Only known Os that will not run on a 1m AMD Pcm is 125 79 405.

tt03

Post by tt03 »

Gampy wrote:No prob ...

PcmHammer will read it from the Pcm with any operation that Uploads the Kernel, like Verify or Test Write, it was a planned tool for the Tool menu but the Tool menu got filled up with the Operations.

As for the Service Number, it's a field in my database I like to fill ... Maybe a waste of time ... It's something I do!

I'm not a GM fanatic, I fly different colors and they ain't blue!
So I don't fully understand GM's numbering system, or the truth to what the service number is, I think it's like an umbrella number for the complete programed unit for the factory floor.
I do know, from collecting this info, that just because the service number is the same between two Pcm's, doesn't mean the os, or calibrations are the same ...

ALL P01/P59 1m Os's will run on a 1m Intel Pcm ... The Only known Os that will not run on a 1m AMD Pcm is 125 79 405.

Ohh alright that's good to know if I ever need to tell AMD vs Intel Thanks!

Also oh okay lol I see, I'll defiantly get you that number tomorrow, and okay Thanks!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

You can also take it apart with very few torx bits and just look at the flash memory chip. One says intel and the other says amd ;)
Last edited by In-Tech on Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.