IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by ironduke »

bbmike wrote:You need a usb to ttl adapter and a copy of minimon to recover if something goes horribly wrong. In most cases you should be able to try and program again.
I'll try to find minimon, thanks.. All I need is a ttl adapter? That I have.. couple of them actually somewhere in my mess..
I hadn't had a chance to see if it was looking at OS's, I have that info at home and can post up the ones I was using..

I do need to do more research, I read somewhere(might have even been this post) about softbricking these pushing OS/calibrations that didn't agree with each other and I think a certain year IPC was different too..

I'll get there, lol.. this is fun..
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

The different years have different boot loaders that don’t get reprogrammed. 03 and 04 use an older c161 Infineon micro with different boot loaders for each year and 05-07 use a xc161 micro 05 and 06 use the same boot loader and I haven’t had a chance to see the boot loader from an 07 yet. Each of the boot loaders use different OS’s. The 05 clusters have an OS that makes the cluster correct for 03 or 04 trucks. You can use that OS and calibration on the 06 cluster the only difference is the prndl is led instead of vfd. If you use the wrong calibration for the OS on an 05 it acts weird.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

bbmike wrote:The different years have different boot loaders that don’t get reprogrammed. 03 and 04 use an older c161 Infineon micro with different boot loaders for each year and 05-07 use a xc161 micro 05 and 06 use the same boot loader and I haven’t had a chance to see the boot loader from an 07 yet. Each of the boot loaders use different OS’s. The 05 clusters have an OS that makes the cluster correct for 03 or 04 trucks. You can use that OS and calibration on the 06 cluster the only difference is the prndl is led instead of vfd. If you use the wrong calibration for the OS on an 05 it acts weird.
Thank you very much for that information!!!! Makes me go huh when I look at this cluster with a 2004 vin and 2007 OS and calibration, lol...
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

Doesn’t surprise me that it has an 04 vin and an 07 os,calibration. They learn the vin from the vehicle there are in. It was probably in an avalanche at some point. And if you watch fixed until broken on you tube he has some good videos on using minimon.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Hey, quick question that's a little off the track..
Bulbs.. Besides ebay is there a better/cheaper place to buy them for these clusters?
typeigor

Post by typeigor »

Tell me ... Where is the character generator?
kidvis

Post by kidvis »

May i ask for a copy of ipc hammer with j2534 enabled plz? I am having trouble modifying
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

kidvis wrote:May i ask for a copy of ipc hammer with j2534 enabled plz? I am having trouble modifying
If you look on the first post (on page 1) you will see a link to Github.com ... Click on it.
On the right side of the Github page you will see a Latest link, follow it, click on the IPCHammer??.?.zip, after it downloads, Unzip it and Run IPCHammer.exe
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kidvis

Post by kidvis »

running latest. all j2534 options are greyed out. on page 2, there is a convo between bbmike and ironduke discussing this. any help appreciated. Im running a maxiflash pro, that is already recognized in PCM Hammer. Loving this guys and Thankyou for the hard work.
kidvis

Post by kidvis »

And thanks for the help Gampy. I've been reading up and I've seen all the help you've given to the community!