IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Mi_Thumbilly
cars: 2003 rclb Silverado 4.8
2004 rcsb Silverado stepside 4.8
2004 ecsb Silverado stepside 6.0
2000 rcsb Silverado stepside 4.8
1999 rcsb Silverado roller
2016 All terrain Sierra 6.2
2000 Z28 5.7

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by Mi_Thumbilly »

First time poster to the site, thank you to the creators of this great program! It’s helped me check several clusters I’ve fixed for myself and friends. However, I’ve recently ran into an issue with my windows 10 laptop not working with my Odbpro Mx. it connects but will not communicate, it disconnects immediately and I can’t get it to reconnect. So I grabbed my old windows 7 laptop and my Allpro cable, it lets me adjust mileage and hours but I can’t flash it for the trans temp gauge and steering wheel controls. Does anyone have any insight to either of these issues? Thank you in advance
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

bluetooth on windows and the obdpro series is not good. you get two interfaces (com ports) and one of them always doesnt work. and which one that is changes randomly. we get lots of reports from this in pcmhammer too. But its a windows / obdpro proboem, nothing we can do about it. Try other com ports on your system and try and find the one thats working when you need it. alternatively, it might be an obdpro firmware version problem, but if it used to work thats unlikely. if its not worked before, try updating its firmware.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Maybe your Windows 10 updated and is causing your issue. Try rolling back to a previous version and see if that fixes your issue. HPT recently had this issue where Windows updated and the 3D graph view for tables quit working. The solution was to roll back on Windows or upgrade to the latest HPT software version. The issue is that they have been removing some parameters in later versions, so rollback Windows was the solution for me.
Mi_Thumbilly
cars: 2003 rclb Silverado 4.8
2004 rcsb Silverado stepside 4.8
2004 ecsb Silverado stepside 6.0
2000 rcsb Silverado stepside 4.8
1999 rcsb Silverado roller
2016 All terrain Sierra 6.2
2000 Z28 5.7

Post by Mi_Thumbilly »

antus wrote:bluetooth on windows and the obdpro series is not good. you get two interfaces (com ports) and one of them always doesnt work. and which one that is changes randomly. we get lots of reports from this in pcmhammer too. But its a windows / obdpro proboem, nothing we can do about it. Try other com ports on your system and try and find the one thats working when you need it. alternatively, it might be an obdpro firmware version problem, but if it used to work thats unlikely. if its not worked before, try updating its firmware.

Any idea about utilizing the Allpro cable for doing my flashing?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

It should work, if you have one and the firmware is new enough. Just plug it in, pick the right com port, pick allpro adapter. when we first wrote pcmhammer we thought allpro was going to be the best option because it was open source hardware and software, fast to use (VPW 4x) a cheap option but it looks like we overloaded the seller as he pulled the product down with no explanation and stopped responding to emails. In hind sight I think it was intended for a small number of enthusiasts and the poor guy was overloaded when so many people started wanting them.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

It probably needs the response timeouts adjusted for the allpro. I’ll work on doing it in the next release.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

There have been some fixes and improvements to the devices in pcmhammer, i'm not sure if you have pulled those changes in to ipchammer but if not it might be a good idea to update pcmlibrary, too.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

The Allpro VCI has it's own problems, it typically won't work on the bus by itself.

However to get it to work, use an OBDII Splitter and a second VCI, like a simple ELM VCI, it just needs to be powered and on the bus.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
lsxautumn
cars: 02 sierra 2500HD LQ4 4L80E
AKA a void that eats all my money

Post by lsxautumn »

Does anyone have a scan of the overlay for the 99-02 clusters? I wanna make one with 7k rpm
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Is there any source for precompiled version of IPC hammer.

Might test it on 2002 trailblazer IPC.

I made a dump of this ipc but is not complete. Some data is missing. Cal segment is full and there is what seems like ram at c000 and eeprom at e000.
Attachments
ipc_dump_trailblzazer_2002_fixed.rtf.bin
(63.5 KiB) Downloaded 184 times