IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by kur4o »

Finally success, that code is LSB, I wonder why I didn`t notice it so far.
bbmike, thanks for cooperation.

In the dump I have the cal area have correct checksum, but when I try to test the OS it always fails for some reason. Could it be a bad dump or some data missing. Found some update files for the ipc and the checksum are all correct there.

The only way to check is to flash update files and than make a dump.

Someone with ipc laying around want to make some dumps for testing?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Did some new full dump and at some point ipc was too slow to repsond and some messages were skipped in the log.

New log is a little better and have full dump, now checksum matches perfect.

Here is log +bin for analysis.

Also here is a script for dumping bin to log. It is set to read 0-30000, it will take roughly a 45 minutes with mdi in car, on bench it might be faster. Set with algo 12.
Attachments
M23_read_ipc_test1.txt
(319 Bytes) Downloaded 244 times
IPC_dump_log+bin.rar
(794.05 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

Nice to see you got it to read out correctly. I had to go back and learn to calculate the checksums again. I'm starting to get interested in messing with the clusters and updating IPChammer again. Thanks for the script to read the clusters. Do you have any info on how to write the scripts? like what all the different numbers mean? I have a few different modules that would be nice to read.
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

kur4o wrote:I also tested the ipchammer, some functions work, others not, On read properties it stops, when there is a negative 7f response. Maybe some exception can be added, so info from non fully supported ipcs still can be read.
I looked into this and fixed it today. So it will work in the next version.
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

Post by darkman5001 »

kur4o wrote:Finally success, that code is LSB, I wonder why I didn`t notice it so far.
bbmike, thanks for cooperation.

In the dump I have the cal area have correct checksum, but when I try to test the OS it always fails for some reason. Could it be a bad dump or some data missing. Found some update files for the ipc and the checksum are all correct there.

The only way to check is to flash update files and than make a dump.

Someone with ipc laying around want to make some dumps for testing?

I have many IPCs for both full size GM trucks from 2000-2007 as well as clusters for the 2002-2007 Trailblazer/Envoys. I can help with testing if needed.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

darkman5001, It will be great to get some files out of them.

Just hook them on bench with mdi and run the script with universal patcher. Save logs to a rtf files.
04silverado6.0

Post by 04silverado6.0 »

Just started playing with this software. Has any advancements been made to the capabilities lately? I would like to replace my "service airbag" message with a custom dic. Any thoughts of getting a read of the cluster and being able to edit my own file? Any advice or help with customizing my dic messages? 2004 silverado 1500, 05 cluster for 03-04, has steering wheel control and driver 1/2.
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

that should be easy enough. you don't need to read the cluster. ipc hammer should have the stock files to start with. Find your calibration file, search for the service airbag message and replace it with what you want it to say. save the file and write it to the cluster with ipchammer. I don't even think there's any checksum correction needed.
04silverado6.0

Post by 04silverado6.0 »

I am not finding my os or cal file. I will post the numbers whenever i get a chance. I was able to open the cal files in tunerpro and edit the hex successfully.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

gmtech825 wrote:that should be easy enough. you don't need to read the cluster. ipc hammer should have the stock files to start with. Find your calibration file, search for the service airbag message and replace it with what you want it to say. save the file and write it to the cluster with ipchammer. I don't even think there's any checksum correction needed.
As far as I know, as it is a port of PCMHammer, it has no .bin files.

Mike