IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by Gampy »

I have enabled J2534 devices and built it ...
I have NOT investigated changes to communication code, I do NOT know if it will work!

I have no way to test.

If you're willing to try it, I'd be happy to pass it along for you to test.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kidvis

Post by kidvis »

Yes Plz. I do alot of j2534 and would love to test it.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

PM'd ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kidvis

Post by kidvis »

Thanks again Gampy. I will tinker with some units and report back. Edit: tested out and it recognizes the maxiflash pro and seems to pull the IPC info properly, tried odo correct but got buffer empty errors. Used an "in circuit" 2004 GMC Envoy as a test mule. Will test more tomorrow, its late and I'm tired. I appreciate everything guys
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Post by Fixed until broken »

Sorry I ghosted guys just too many projects on my plate at the moment.
ironduke wrote:Hey, quick question that's a little off the track..
Bulbs.. Besides ebay is there a better/cheaper place to buy them for these clusters?
If you looking for readymade with resistors already on them or built-in you have options. eBay ones are ok. Light house LED sells a clone of the sunled cubes. They are 1/4 of the price of sunled ones. Just don't buy the white LEDs from lighthouse led for some reason white is failing at a high rate.

Another option in the cube world is Sunled. They are sold by Todd Haines and by Imbivous they want almost $1 ea led. They aren't nearly as bright as any other led but they rarely fail.

Partsam LEDs are trash.

Cheap eBay clones of partsam LEDs were good LEDs up until the start of this year. For some reason, the manufacture changed the design and went from a 0603 resistor to a 0402. When they made that change they also changed the ohm value and it now drives the LEDs harder so I would assume they will fail at a higher rate but it I have not put them in a customer's cluster so I am not sure on that.

The best option is to use the blank pads that are no stuff on the 03-07 clusters and make your own led setup there. so you run a 3528 led from Positive to a blank pad then the right resistor from ground to the led. This works best. you can actually put 2 at each but I find 1 bright enough.
TE27Levin
cars: 04 escalade

Post by TE27Levin »

I would like to see if there is a way to display my individual tire pressures on my 04 Escalade clusters via the Tpms. The 04s don't tell ya which tire is what..
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

Looking through the files. It looks like it would require patching a lot of the code to add the tire pressures. Or you could change to an 05 cluster and program it for the 04. I haven’t tested the 05 cluster programmed for the 04 vehicle. But it does have the text for the individual tire pressures.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

how would you go about programming a cluster to work with different year or even model vehicle? i have a 2000 ls1 camaro cluster i want to work with a 2006 e40 pcm with an ssr os on it. is this combination even possible? i assumed serial data would maybe make it happy but unsure and haven't gotten car far enough to test yet. thanks!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

My question is can this app be adapted to work on a 1999 to 2005 Pontiac Grand AM IPC as I want to swap in another cluster as the LED display on mine is too dim to see in daylight!

Mike
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Post by Fixed until broken »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all;

My question is can this app be adapted to work on a 1999 to 2005 Pontiac Grand AM IPC as I want to swap in another cluster as the LED display on mine is too dim to see in daylight!

Mike
It would be easier to fix the backlight on your cluster lol.