IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
RADustin

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by RADustin »

so the 7k tach appears to be quite simple. I just modified the pcm cal for 7 pulses on the high&low and the tach output on the dash dropped the appropriate amount. So I guess I just need to find a 7k overlay and all is well.

I can't think of any drawbacks to doing it this way. for 99-02 anyways.
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

Was there a list with descriptions ever generated for the different calibrations? or do you just have to keep trying until it works right?

I ended up swapping an 06 cluster to my 99-02 truck, so I just need a very basic featured cluster calibration. Right now it says 'unknown driver' and what not when I hop in the truck. I don't want steering wheel controls, TPMS, driver 1/2, ect.
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

Post by darkman5001 »

Fixed until broken wrote:
FriskyDingo wrote:Can this do anything a tech2 cant?
Odometer correction and its free.
In-Tech wrote:Hello, and thanks for sharing. I'll pick up an instrument cluster to play with. Where would I pick up the calibration files? How would I find out how to connect to the cluster? Is there editing information to study?
Cal/os are both on the mcu. not to confuse you but the mileage, unlock key and some of the features are on the eeprom. IPC hammer supports writing to the eeprom also.

Edit oh you meant the cal files in general well all the ones that exist from gm are included in the github. They were tactfully acquired.

The os/cal have no checksums that I know of. I haven't played with the os too much but in the cal you can change the text. Like change it from driver 1/ driver 2 to fucker 1/ fucker 2 lol.
I was not able to figure out how to change the text. This is awesome though.
Last edited by darkman5001 on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Does this program support the H3 Hummers? Everything references "trucks" & in my pov the hummer is a truck, but being in Australia we didn't exactly get an abundance of these vehicles here.

Next question, is it possible to turn off ABS checks or lights in the cluster? I have a friend with a few H3 limo's & apparently they disable the ABS somehow, but the abs module is still there, well that's all good until the abs module shits the tin & starts throwing an error on the class-2 bus.
a1953mdl

Post by a1953mdl »

I use IPCHammer on an old HP laptop running 8.1. I use a OBDXPro VT v3 via a USB cable to communicate. It has been working flawlesly until last night. Reworked a Cluster and turned on Trans temp. All went fine. Then went to read another cluster and it started flaking out. It read the cluster but wouldn't test it (but said it did). Then it wouldn't read the cluster . Gave me failure to get the VIN.
Today I tried it with a good cluster and got the same thing. When I test the IPCHammer and port it says it good, but it will not read the cluster (Won't read the VIN.) Thoughts?
IPCHammer.PNG
IPCHammer.PNG (33.4 KiB) Viewed 19715 times
Attachments
OBDXPro VT 1.PNG
OBDXPro VT 1.PNG (32.5 KiB) Viewed 19715 times
OBDXPro VT.PNG
OBDXPro VT.PNG (40.48 KiB) Viewed 19715 times
a1953mdl

Post by a1953mdl »

I really want to give a shout out for The guys at OBDPro. I had messaged them before posting here. I expected it to be a while so thought I'd hit y'all up, Jason got back with me quick and spotted that my voltage is 9.6. So it's time for a new power supply. The OBDPro works great and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fast reliable connection.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Glad to have helped!!
Just a note for anyone reading at home, OBDX did not connect above due to the "Device Type" was not set to OBDX Pro either.

Will do a demo video with IPC Hammer in the coming days.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Tazzi wrote:Glad to have helped!!
Just a note for anyone reading at home, OBDX did not connect above due to the "Device Type" was not set to OBDX Pro either.

Will do a demo video with IPC Hammer in the coming days.
The low voltage AND the Device Type were the first things I noticed.
Glad you were able to help him.

Mike
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

is there a source for new chips? 03-04.

I was desoldering the uart jumper wires and I think one touched the top far left pins on the PRNDL display...and the chip no longer communicates. I just recovered it too from a brick.

Any ideas or did I create some spare parts?
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Post by Fixed until broken »

RADustin wrote:is there a source for new chips? 03-04.

I was desoldering the uart jumper wires and I think one touched the top far left pins on the PRNDL display...and the chip no longer communicates. I just recovered it too from a brick.

Any ideas or did I create some spare parts?
I have some if you still need one. You can also get them from UTSource but they have been going up in price.
To program them when they are blank Minimon works good.