IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by bbmike »

I’ve never tried it in a vehicle. I don’t own one. But it should work in the vehicle as it does the programming the same as a tech 2.
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

any plans for mdi support? i imagine it shouldn't be be too hard since pcm hammer supports it.
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

I’ve been working on it. Not sure why it doesn’t work. But I get buffer empty errors. At first it was on all received messages. Then everything started working expect the programming.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I'd been planning on it but since I saw your work with ipc hammer I finally went and bought an IPC for playing on the bench, should be here in a couple days.. I did get the code working with a regular elm327 as far as getting the info and changing mileage, didn't test with programming as it's my plow truck and I don't have a way to bring it back to life just yet, lol.. Would be interested in the J2534 code as well as I have a couple of the MDI's and I do think they're safer than my elm327's... I'll be able to volunteer testing once I get that set up if it'll help..
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

If you want to try getting the j2534 to work it’s all there I just disabled the checkbox in the device picker.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

bbmike wrote:If you want to try getting the j2534 to work it’s all there I just disabled the checkbox in the device picker.
Thanks for the tip!!! I haven't worked with c# a whole lot and definitely never worked with a gui before, all my work is console based.. Never knew it was something as simple as right clicking the J2534 device box,selecting properties and enabling it.. man that was after a few hours comparing PCM hammer to IPChammer code and getting lost and confused.. lol

So far my MDI read voltage,properties, and can change mileage.. Haven't tested anything else, waiting on my bench cluster to get here so I can wire it up..
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Post by Fixed until broken »

I also haven't tested in vehicle yet. I have some friends with the trucks I will try to get one to test on sometime soon. For making a bench harness all you need 12v+ to pins B9 B11 ground to A12 B12 and class 2 at A6

Edit and I haven't noticed any issues from cutting Ign and Batt at the same time. I know with PCM if you do that it won't save a vin change.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Trying it now with my eBay cluster on the bench, getting id’s and such but failing seed-key trying to write anything. Going to log an sps session and get the key, are there known different algo’s for these? Vin comes up as a 04 avalanche.

Edited.. found out a few things..
Vin in IPC belongs to an 04 avalanche, OS and calibration belong to a 2007 classic truck of some sort..
IPC hammer won't let me put in a custom key, or write the vin even if I can?
The algo for mine is class 2 0x14, it looks like IPC hammer is using class 2 algo 0x16?
I know I can edit the code to use the algo I need, just don't know if this is something to put into a future update?
Before try any writing I want to get it apart and see what I'll need to fix this if I brick it, lol.. I've got xprog, a BDM reader, and a few other tools at my disposal. little busy but this is interesting, would at least like to get it as a match to my 03 plow truck..
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

If you want to add the os number to the pcminfo file it might work. I haven’t done the 07 classic os and calibrations. I don’t have an 07 cluster to see if the boot loader portion is different from an 06. I set the default key to 0x16 so the program wouldn’t unlock clusters with unknown OS’s. I’ll try to get the files for the 07 classic trucks this week some time and add them to the program.
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

You need a usb to ttl adapter and a copy of minimon to recover if something goes horribly wrong. In most cases you should be able to try and program again.