IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

IPC Hammer

Post by Fixed until broken »

I didn't make this port but I didn't see him posting here so I figured I would share it with you.
One of the viewers of my channel ported PCM hammer to work with Instrument clusters. It works great but still a work in progress.
I just figured I would share it here since you guys made PCM hammer and that y'all would like to see what he made.

Github: https://github.com/mikebb203/IPC-Hammer
Video I made: https://youtu.be/-WyhoHrp2uo

Edit: BTW if you have questions on using I can help I also know how the cluster works but I can't really help with the programming side I am only good with embedded stuff not PC programming
FriskyDingo

Re: IPC Hammer

Post by FriskyDingo »

Can this do anything a tech2 cant?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Wow, that's really cool!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hello, and thanks for sharing. I'll pick up an instrument cluster to play with. Where would I pick up the calibration files? How would I find out how to connect to the cluster? Is there editing information to study?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

This is kind of neat, I had to play with the code to get the only elm327 I could find at the house to run, lol.. changing mileage was unbelievably easy.. Too easy really.. I have no real use for this but hats off and very neat to see!!
Fixed until broken

FriskyDingo wrote:Can this do anything a tech2 cant?
Odometer correction and its free.
In-Tech wrote:Hello, and thanks for sharing. I'll pick up an instrument cluster to play with. Where would I pick up the calibration files? How would I find out how to connect to the cluster? Is there editing information to study?
Cal/os are both on the mcu. not to confuse you but the mileage, unlock key and some of the features are on the eeprom. IPC hammer supports writing to the eeprom also.

Edit oh you meant the cal files in general well all the ones that exist from gm are included in the github. They were tactfully acquired.

The os/cal have no checksums that I know of. I haven't played with the os too much but in the cal you can change the text. Like change it from driver 1/ driver 2 to fucker 1/ fucker 2 lol.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

This is really cool, can you do a video reading out the millage chip? And can you read the bin out of the cluster or only write to it? Can I use it for a 04-07 colorado cluster? it is class 2 VPW, as well.
Fixed until broken

04colyZQ8 wrote:This is really cool, can you do a video reading out the millage chip? And can you read the bin out of the cluster or only write to it? Can I use it for a 04-07 colorado cluster? it is class 2 VPW, as well.
It doesn't do dumps its really for writing. he has only been working on gmt800 so far just because that's where the demand is at right now.
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

There are checksums for both the OS and the calibration. The program has a button for testing the checksums. It shows what the current checksum in the file is and what it should be. A future update that I want to add is the option to update the checksum.
FriskyDingo

Post by FriskyDingo »

Can this be used in vehicle or is a bench harness required?