need help

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: need help

Post by Gampy »

I agree, do not write a bin with errors ...

What is your TunerPro version ??
(Help, About Tuner Pro)

If you tried the XDF from Bored Truck Owners repo and get the error, it must be Tuner Pro .. I'll download the newest version and try it.

Your bin, VATS disabled ... No errors!
ls stock-VATS_Disabled.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I don't believe you have the checksum plug in for your ecu set up in tuner pro.. Here's a topic to read up on but use search on this forum and do some reading. These are the ones I use currently. viewtopic.php?t=6736
The latest universal patcher only has 0 and 1 for options which I believe is incorrect. I believe the choices should be 0,1, or 2.. 0 is serial data, 1 is pwm signal, and 2 is off.. There is the vtd fail enabled there to so there may be 2 different ways of turning off vats?

Below is your bin with vats turned to 2 which should be off and the checksums corrected. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't do lots of with with these ecu's. tuner pro and universal patcher was happy with the checksums though.
ls stock.vats.off.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I have no third party plugins and tuner pro works fine ... v5.00.9159.00
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MISTER T 1996
cars: a prosche 944 ls swap

Post by MISTER T 1996 »

thankyou both for the help and for the maps ill try them tomorrow to see if it all works but I believe it was a fault with tunerpro i was on the newest update 5.00.93332.00
i have now downloaded version 5.00.9209.00 as it was as close to the one you were using and it worked the first time with no problems