PCM Hammer Release 018

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

PCM Hammer Release 018

Post by NSFW »

=================================================

This is no longer the most recent release of PCM Hammer!
Look for the most recent release in a sticky thread at the top of the GM LS1 forum.

This release fixes the bug that led to garbage values in some logging parameters (any parameter that required more than two bytes).

Flash memory reading and writing is unchanged.

There is still an issue with the logger where it doesn't work well until you add several parameters. If you notice it pausing 2-3 seconds between updates, just add a few more parameters. It should update every 100 milliseconds or so.

Customary warning about flashing:

Please don't make OS or calibration changes in your only car. If something goes wrong, it may be a while before you drive that car again.

But, writing to flash memory is the only thing that can do any harm. Reading and data logging are perfectly safe.

The GitHub release page is here:
https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 1.07.06.01

I'll attach the same .zip file to this post for convenience.

To test PCM Hammer, click Read Properties to confirm that you've selected the device correctly - it should print a few details about your PCM. Then try "Read Entire PCM" (it's in the Tools menu). And then, if you're feeling bold... and if you have a different car that you can use to drive to work... try writing the calibration or parameter blocks.

To test PCM Logger, select some parameters or open a log profile. Click the "record" button to save data to a file. The list of parameters we have so far is just the beginning, but it will take some work to figure out what we're missing. If you can help with that, please share at http://pcmhacking.net/ .

This project is still in its early stages. You may encounter bugs. The software may behave in strange ways. Please report such things to us so that we can fix them.

If anything goes wrong, please take detailed notes about the exact steps that you took, and please also copy the contents of the Debug tab and save it to a file. We'll need that to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and how to prevent it from happening to anyone else.
Attachments
PcmHammer018.zip
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
craven_pwr
cars: Mercedes, corvette

Re: PCM Hammer Release 018

Post by craven_pwr »

Will this latest version work with a E67 ECU.. I can get it to connect and initilize my Autel J2534 Pro but when I tries to read any info from the ECU it times out...

Thanks
Jeff
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I might be speaking out of turn but here goes... PCM Hammer, at this time, only works on p01 and p59 PCM's(1999-2007 red/blue and blue/green connector) which is VPW based protocol, the e67 is CAN based protocol and generally requires a different interface to talk. I am not sure if yours does both but doesn't matter in this situation.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

That's correct. The E67 is quite different, so I wouldn't expect PCM Hammer to work with it.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

sweet!! didnt notice this posted last night. working on 2156 os parameters list. love the icd feature.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

I love the Xpro VT cable.

Full read 2 min 24 sec. Full write 1 min 9 sec. on a 0411 pcm.

This is some assume software NSFW.
full read resized.png
full read resized.png (387.39 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
First write resized.png
First write resized.png (429.46 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
Bad things happen FAST!!!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Release 19 is out now, with a fix to the data logger:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7579