LS1 Boost OS V1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

LS1 Boost OS V1

Post by bubba2533 »

LS1-Boost-OS.png
LS1-Boost-OS.png (41.61 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Initial Release V1.0 of the LS1 Boost OS

Mod Edit: Also note that V2 has a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7482

I felt like I could make an OS that was better than commercially offered options, so here is it!

Warning: This is development software and should be treated as such.

Current Features:
Expanded VE Table 15-375 kpa
Expanded Desired Open Loop EQ Ratio Table 20-340 kpa
Boost Spark Adder
Spark Cut Engine Speed Limiter
Spark Cut Launch Control Limiter
Launch Control Spark Adder
Timed Launch Spark Adder
Spark Cut Flat Foot Shift Limiter

Supported Operating Systems:
P01:
P59:

How to Upgrade to LS1 Boost OS:
1. Download & Install TunerPro Website Link
2. Download Attached File GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll (by: joukoy) and Move into \Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins
GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll
(11 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
3. Download Attached XDF for the PCM & OS
P01:
-See Latest Posted Version-
P59:
-See Latest Posted Version-

4. Save a Copy of your Current Tune & Select a Base Tune for Patching (NOTE: HP Tuners/EFI Live tunes cannot be Patched)
5. Open TunerPro & Select the XDF / Base Tune
6. Open Boost OS Patch and Click Apply Patch and then File -> Save Bin As
7. All Scalers/Tables in the XDF will have base values applied, but all of them should be reviewed/changed for your application.
8. Flash using PCM Hammer (NOTE: OS and Calibration Flash Required Once, and only Calibration Flashes after)

If you are interested in what new features or fixes are being tested I have a development thread you can look at LS1 Boost OS - Development.

I've put a crazy amount of time into this, so I hope people other than me will use it. If you feel like helping out and want to support future updates consider joining my Patreon
Last edited by bubba2533 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Gampy

Re: LS1 Boost OS V1.0

Post by Gampy »

Absolutely freaking AWESOME!

Great job!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Great work, I can't wait to have a play with it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Well done! Fantastic work! Ive made the thread a sticky.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

holy crap thats awesome mate! :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good effort can't wait to see people's results
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Sweet!!! I kinda wish I had a turbo just so I could really join this party. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
codemanrose
cars: 1992 Corvette
2014 Silverado
2015 Traverse

Post by codemanrose »

Love it!!!! I will start playing around with it today! Already flashing a base onto a test P59. This will be something PERFECT for my TT 5.3 C4 vette with my wideband/boost controller PCM project I'm also working on (Hardware/Arduino based). NICE WORK!!
160plus

Post by 160plus »

After doing the initial OS flash, are all the tables/scalers changes done with in the calibration section of the ECU or is there data altered outside off the 0x8000 - 0x1FFFF range?

Have calibration segments addressing or segment sizes been altered from the stock sizes/addressing?

Has the checksum addressing or the way the checksums are calculated for any of the segments been altered? Has the address range or method for calculating the OS checksum been changed or altered?

After the OS has been patched, are existing XDF's still compatible? I've looked at your developer thread and it looks like you've either removed or repurposed tables and settings, seems like this could create some potential issues if one of the current XDF's was used and someone changed a setting that was altered by the patch.

I took a quick look at a bin file after it was patched and it doesn't look like it changes the OS number, I didn't look at the segment ID's but I'm guessing those are also unchanged? Seems like this will create issues when someone were to try and use a commercial tuning software. For example, when I open a patched bin in EFI Live, the only thing EFI Live notices is that the EGR {B1301} was out of range. As a precaution EFI Live would automatically set this value back to an in "range value" when the file was saved or flashed and I imagine that would end up creating an issue.

I can also see a similar issue with segment swapping, maybe not when bringing a new segment into a patched file, but if someone were to try and use a segment from a patched file into a stock OS. As long as the OS numbers are the same most software will allow moving segments since its not expecting any kind of custom code.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

160plus wrote:After doing the initial OS flash, are all the tables/scalers changes done with in the calibration section of the ECU or is there data altered outside off the 0x8000 - 0x1FFFF range?
All parameters are in the calibration section.
160plus wrote:Have calibration segments addressing or segment sizes been altered from the stock sizes/addressing?
No
160plus wrote:Has the checksum addressing or the way the checksums are calculated for any of the segments been altered? Has the address range or method for calculating the OS checksum been changed or altered?
No
160plus wrote:After the OS has been patched, are existing XDF's still compatible? I've looked at your developer thread and it looks like you've either removed or repurposed tables and settings, seems like this could create some potential issues if one of the current XDF's was used and someone changed a setting that was altered by the patch.
Yes and No. All EGR related code and parameters are no longer functional. I used that address space for my code and parameters. Beyond that I have included tables (Stock VE & Open loop EQ) that have been modified so that tuning with the correct Axis values be seen.
160plus wrote:I took a quick look at a bin file after it was patched and it doesn't look like it changes the OS number, I didn't look at the segment ID's but I'm guessing those are also unchanged? Seems like this will create issues when someone were to try and use a commercial tuning software. For example, when I open a patched bin in EFI Live, the only thing EFI Live notices is that the EGR {B1301} was out of range. As a precaution EFI Live would automatically set this value back to an in "range value" when the file was saved or flashed and I imagine that would end up creating an issue.
I did not change the OS with the assumption that it could still be read and wrote with commercial tools.
160plus wrote:I can also see a similar issue with segment swapping, maybe not when bringing a new segment into a patched file, but if someone were to try and use a segment from a patched file into a stock OS. As long as the OS numbers are the same most software will allow moving segments since its not expecting any kind of custom code.
Yes, but I see no easy way around that always being an issue. I am not signing up for creating an entire XDF when 99% of parameters are unchanged. There are definitely risks to anyone using the code and therefore it should be used with caution.

If you or anyone for that matter has a better solution I'm open to changing pretty much anything.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.