PCM Logger XML

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Logger XML

Post by Gampy »

Will throttle position have a value with key on engine off ??
i.e. On the bench ... I have no way to simulate a running engine yet.

If not is there a way to force a value there ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Yes, no need to have the engine running.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Ah, I messed up. I had to Open the profile again. It's working now.

Now I just need to figure out what Ram Parameters to add.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work or not.

It would be nice if the Ram parameters would show up in the list.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

bubba2533 wrote:Ah, I messed up. I had to Open the profile again. It's working now.
Yes, I found that out, noted it in an edit above. Some sort of bug in the loading ...

Yea, I don't understand why Parameters.RAM are not in the list, I'm sure there is a reason, I just don't know what it is.
Heck, for all I know I may be using it wrong ...

Do you get a value ??
All I get is hot air! (0.00) ... It could be my setup.
I do get others from Standard that look right.

So, for clarity ...
When editing Parameters.Standard.xml, Parameters.Math.xml, Parameters.RAM.xml, PCMLogger needs to be started/re-started to load them.
Then you need to select your log profile ... even though it remembers it, it doesn't reload it correctly!

WARNING! If you select a Parameter from the Parameters list, it will wipe out your hand edited addition to your LogProfile.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Yep I just discovered that it removes the added parameters. There is definitely something wrong.

Hopefully NSFW will see this and fix whatever is causing this. Current work around is just having to add everything to your .LogProfile manually and open it after loading PcmLogger

Edit: yes I get good values that track right along with SAE PID for throttle position.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yup, it is raw and still in pre beta stage after all ... He is without car so development is slow.

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe account to get him a motor so he can get back on track ... physically, thus in development! :thumbup:
bubba2533 wrote:Edit: yes I get good values that track right along with SAE PID for throttle position.
Bummer, I guess I'm doing something wrong ...

If I can get a reliable test method, I will work on the logger, just to much testing to expect others to do for me.
I am looking for something LS powered for a test mule ...

bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

So I attempted to do some logging and had a couple issues. Most were my fault because I messed up the .xml format on a couple parameters.

But once I figured those out it started to bog down and seemed like it was skipping a lot between reads. I don't know if I am asking too much with the number of parameters I am trying to log.

I'm going to have to try it again.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

How many are you trying ??

I believe NSFW said something about it being sluggish if to few, but not to many.

bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »