LS1 Boost OS V2.1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by hsv08 »

NSFW wrote:The video sounds like I'd expect a spark-cut rev limiter to sound.
Sorry, the big backfire right at the end of the video was what I was referring to, when it happens, the engine will initiate the spark cut as expected, but when you button off, it's almost as if all spark has been cutoff then reinitiates at about 2k creating a huge backfire. If I don't switch ignition off and on before it dies, it will just stumble and die afterwards.
I will just need to do more testing I think. I'm not a huge fan of unloaded rev limiter stuff, and not super keen to light the rear bags all the time testing. But trying to put together a safe setup for my burnout car customers who have been after the spark cut limiters for a while!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:
hsv08 wrote: Q3: If i need to make any changes to the base file using the base 156 XDF, i get "Error - one or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing, etc, for validity"
So is there a way to unpatch to make a change to another area in tune file like " idle rpm" for eg? Or is there a way to by pass the checksum like the delcos?
Your missing a checksum plugin required for tunerpro to be able to calculate the OS area checksum. If you try and flash with pcmhammer, it'll validate checksums, so if it still lets your file through then the file is OK and the OS checksum was not required.
Alternatively, if you install the matching checksum plugin then tunerpro will update the sum and not show the error.
Thanks Antus, Ill try and find a plugin for that XDF, it seemed to save fine when i was repopulating the xdf cals with the values from my base tune, when i apply the boosted OS patch and repopulate the required tables in the Boost OS XDF it saves fine, but when i go back to edit something in the base bin with the previous XDF it seems to bring up that error. So unsure if the XDF im using, see's a change made in the patched version that it cant calculate then errors.

But will do some more testing :)

Other then that, im loving the progress!
Jonnyoptions
cars: turbo 1500hd
wrx swapped 2.5rs
ls1 swapped 240sx
lifted forester

Post by Jonnyoptions »

Hi,

Been trying to run the Boost OS on my truck for a while now. Fires up strong then stalls out in a second or two. Seems like VATS but vats is off in my tune. When I switch back to my old tune (some kind of aussie cos3 efilive rip) it works fine. Im crossing my fingers that some genius in this thread can figure it out. THANKS!
Attachments
mytunePATCHED_6.0_4l60_turbo_021_VIN.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Everything looks ok to me. I would recommend flashing a base file and confirming that it runs before using the patch.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Jonnyoptions
cars: turbo 1500hd
wrx swapped 2.5rs
ls1 swapped 240sx
lifted forester

Post by Jonnyoptions »

Thank you, will update when i figure it out
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

How difficult would it be to add your patch code to a 12225074 OS?

This is probably the most common OS for us Holden VX VY guys ( But VT can also be run on it)

Whilst I can drive around on the patched 156 OS, its very lean and under powered initially after porting over my calibration from a HPT 001 OS to see if i could get it to work.

I know i still need to dial it all in perfect but is a little hard when I've found minimal ADX files to log vehicle.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

hsv08 wrote:How difficult would it be to add your patch code to a 12225074 OS?
It isn’t that difficult, but is extremely time consuming. I will likely never use it since I am using the P59 PCM, so it doesn’t really make sense for me to spend my spare time doing that.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

bubba2533 wrote:
hsv08 wrote:How difficult would it be to add your patch code to a 12225074 OS?
It isn’t that difficult, but is extremely time consuming. I will likely never use it since I am using the P59 PCM, so it doesn’t really make sense for me to spend my spare time doing that.
Thats no problem at all. :)
rusthoarder
cars: 1948 cadillac, 1955 buick, multiple LS donor vehicles

Post by rusthoarder »

Hi, really looking forward to trying this out! I just did the patch add to my 156 bin file that I am building for a 5.3 single turbo setup. I am using the supplied extended base table data. Trying to understand what I need to change to switch to a 2 bar MAP, I understand all values as loaded are for a 1 bar. Can you explain how to calculate values and what values to change to switch to a 2 bar MAP?
Thanks for taking the time to do this work!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Look for them where you purchased your map sensor.