LS1 Boost OS V2.1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by bubba2533 »

ShorTuning wrote:If the addresses used are within the available user defined areas you could use the XDF in the user defined parameter to make adjustments to the tune in HPT. Just throwing that out there as a potential option.
Yeah, I have thought about that. Sadly I don't have user parameters for HPTuners. I have used it with EFI Live .cax files to define parameters when I was first playing around with my first launch control version for my own truck, but I had to do a full flash to get the the parameters to change since they are outside of the normal cal parameter address space.

Not sure if HPTuners would have the same issue.
hsv08 wrote:
ShorTuning wrote:If the addresses used are within the available user defined areas you could use the XDF in the user defined parameter to make adjustments to the tune in HPT. Just throwing that out there as a potential option.
I would say that they wouldn't allow you access to the EGR section where alot of this code is built, seeing how crazy the EPA is regarding any altercations of emissions related stuff...

But does bring up a valid point!!
With my next version (V3) I plan to use the upper address space for all parameters since there is so much free space.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

aaronc7 wrote:As for user defined parameters, I have not seen them blocking off sections of the calibration segments yet, but I suppose it's a possibility in the future.

I was also able to apply the boost OS patch to a bin and convert the file into hpt with their tune translator. I didn't flash it. But in theory you could do that, do a write entire with HPT, and then import the xdf in the OP.

Maybe not a bad option if you've already spent the credits to license the vehicle
Hmmmm maybe I purchase the user defined licence and give it a shot.
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

The challenging part of making this work however is the OSID. HPT throws a fit over the un-known OSID so it can't load the proper definition. So to make that work might have to make an option where it doesn't change the OSID, or at least give an option to toggle it back/forth for editing.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Yeah, I've been thinking about that a little more. There really isn't an easy way to deal with it.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
aaronc7
cars: 2003 C5Z
2017 Audi S3

Post by aaronc7 »

ShorTuning wrote:The challenging part of making this work however is the OSID. HPT throws a fit over the un-known OSID so it can't load the proper definition. So to make that work might have to make an option where it doesn't change the OSID, or at least give an option to toggle it back/forth for editing.
Just leave the 4 bytes starting at 0x504 stock/default and it converts fine. It just detects the file as the regular 7603 OS and loads that def file. Still need to be careful of course editing the file and know what you're doing, but this should work?
Attachments
test.hpt
(258.63 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

aaronc7 wrote:
ShorTuning wrote:The challenging part of making this work however is the OSID. HPT throws a fit over the un-known OSID so it can't load the proper definition. So to make that work might have to make an option where it doesn't change the OSID, or at least give an option to toggle it back/forth for editing.
Just leave the 4 bytes starting at 0x504 stock/default and it converts fine. It just detects the file as the regular 7603 OS and loads that def file. Still need to be careful of course editing the file and know what you're doing, but this should work?
That's what I was going to do, just hadn't gotten around to trying it yet.

HPT also throws a fit over the VE table referencing the cylinder volume to correctly show the VE percentage so I had to temporarily disable that hook to the cylinder volume in those tables to load the XDF in the user defined parameter.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

bubba2533 do you think this will work on the 7603 V6 OS?
Bad things happen FAST!!!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Yes, that’s what I’m using it with. The OS is the same (otherwise GM would have identified it differently)
vwnut8392
cars: AAN powered 83 audi 4000 quattro
1983 audi UR quattro
1992 GTI VR6

Post by vwnut8392 »

if you used my information on the spark cut launch control i highly suggest adding so that you can retard timing during launch too. changing dwell time to 0 works well but dwell time to 0 with timing retard works even better.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

If you would look at what I’ve done you would see that you can do that exact thing with my software. There is a 2D table for a timing adder when in launch control.