LS1 Boost OS V2.1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by Cincinnatus »

To verify if I'm understanding correctly, the boost patch creates different OS number than the stock say 7603? After the patch is applied is the data deleted from the starting bin so that you have to repopulate everything, not just the new boost tables? If so, is there an easy way to copy differences like on hptuners?
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

No, nothing is deleted from the bin. The only data that needs to be populated are the new tables.

I will likely remove the OS number change in the next version so it will be compatible with standard 7603 xdf's and commercial software.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Got it. I read the discussion about OSID change, and I agree that it should stay different to avoid confusion and liability. If commercial want to support it they can add the new OSID. Looking forward to trying this out!
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Looking into loading this up tomorrow, What ADX are you using for the 12212156 OS?
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I’m using hptuners to datalog because it can do standalone logging. I don’t know of any ADX’s as I have heard they are quite complex and not very reliable. I would recommend trying to use PCM Logger.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

bubba2533 wrote:I’m using hptuners to datalog because it can do standalone logging. I don’t know of any ADX’s as I have heard they are quite complex and not very reliable. I would recommend trying to use PCM Logger.
I've got HPT aswell. Just wasn't sure if it will pick it up correctly now that it's patched.

Makes it alot easier as I am used to HPT. Will just need to make up my histograms to reflect the way the XDFs are in tunerpro.

Thank you.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Ok so I've given it a try and have a few questions.

Vehicle is a NA cammed Ls1 in a Manual VY Maloo
Using 156 as the base
1 Bar Map sensor

Pcmhammer to flash, HPT to log

Sole aim is to utilize the spark cut limiter, FFS, and launch control in a NA environment currently.

Q1: Being a 1 bar map sensor, do i only populate up the 100 Kpa zones? Or do i have to extrapolate from 15Kpa to 375Kpa?
Currently only populating up to 100kpa, then using the values in my 100kpa rows to fill out every row up to 375kpa but seems very lean.

Q2: Once patched, Does PE no longer work? And if not doesn't will it only use the Open loop table in the Patched XDF based on Map value irrelevant of TPS position?

Q3: If i need to make any changes to the base file using the base 156 XDF, i get "Error - one or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing, etc, for validity"
So is there a way to unpatch to make a change to another area in tune file like " idle rpm" for eg? Or is there a way to by pass the checksum like the delcos?

Third, and not really a question but more so an observation, sometimes, after its hit the spark cut limiter ( currently set at 5.5k for testing) the engine may overshoot the rpm slightly and it feels almost like its shut off completely, then once it gets down to a few thousand RPM it will back fire horrendously and run like a bag, until you switch off an back on. Any idea what's happening there? Attached is a video of it happening

https://youtube.com/shorts/za-lEXP7fU8?feature=share
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Hey, I'll do my best to answer.

A1: Sounds like you are doing it correctly.

A2: PE is still enabled in this OS.

A3: Sounds like you need to ask the owner of that xdf to resolve something. I'm not sure why that would be happening.

The last thing seems like it could be multiple things that are happening.

Because it's very basic logic there will be overshoot and not much can be done about that. Especially with zero load free reving there will be quite a bit of it because the logic doesn't cut spark until over the limit.

The backfire is likely because there is a lot of fuel built up in the exhaust system.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

The video sounds like I'd expect a spark-cut rev limiter to sound.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

hsv08 wrote: Q3: If i need to make any changes to the base file using the base 156 XDF, i get "Error - one or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing, etc, for validity"
So is there a way to unpatch to make a change to another area in tune file like " idle rpm" for eg? Or is there a way to by pass the checksum like the delcos?
Your missing a checksum plugin required for tunerpro to be able to calculate the OS area checksum. If you try and flash with pcmhammer, it'll validate checksums, so if it still lets your file through then the file is OK and the OS checksum was not required.
Alternatively, if you install the matching checksum plugin then tunerpro will update the sum and not show the error.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396