LS1 Boost OS V2.1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by bubba2533 »

V2.1 of the LS1 Boost OS

Edit: I've released V3 of this operating system, but it's only compatible with P59 PCM's using 12587603 operating system.
Version 3 Thread

If you have already patched using any version of 2.x then you do not need to patch again. Minor revisions are limited to XDF changes only.

Updates:
1. Fixed a couple mistakes with the XDF
2. Separated the patch update from the base data incase someone wants to create their own base calibration.
3. Updated OS to limit user errors
Minor XDF Edit (2.1):
4. Added MAP sensor scaling values to XDF

Warning: This is development software and should be treated as such.

Current Features:
Expanded VE Table 15-375 kpa
Expanded Desired Open Loop EQ Ratio Table 20-340 kpa
Boost Spark Adder
Spark Cut Engine Speed Limiter
Spark Cut Launch Control Limiter
Launch Control Spark Adder
Timed Launch Spark Adder
Spark Cut Flat Foot Shift Limiter

Supported Operating Systems:
P01:
P59:

How to Upgrade to LS1 Boost OS:
1. Download & Install TunerPro Website Link
2. Download Attached File GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll (by: joukoy) and Move into \Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins
GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll
(11 KiB) Downloaded 702 times
3. Download Attached XDF for the PCM & OS
P01:
12212156_LS1_Boost_OS_V2.1.xdf
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
12216125_LS1_Boost_OS_V2.1.xdf
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
P59:
12587603_LS1_Boost_OS_V2.1.xdf
(36.36 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
4. Save a Copy of your Current Tune & Select a Base Tune for Patching (NOTE: HP Tuners/EFI Live tunes cannot be Patched)
5. Open TunerPro & Select the XDF / Base Tune
6. Open Boost OS Patch and Click Apply Patch and then File -> Save Bin As
7. Apply Base Data Patch OR review and change all XDF parameters for your application. Engine will not run without appropriate data for all parameters.
So I wanted to give some sort of base map, but with the limitations of TunerPro it is very generic and will need tuned. But if you want to create your own base map (it will likely be much closer) you will need to spend some time filling out all the tables in the XDF with good/reasonable data.

The biggest issue is the VE table as there is a significant portion that is extended from the stock VE table in my new OS. You can the stock VE table and then extend the values into boost with a simple multiplier. I started on a excel sheet to do the work for you.

The next issue is EQ ratio table. Again it is extended in the new OS and in my spreadsheet it's extended with a simple multiplier.

The rest of the parameters are pretty easy to update, but all of them need to be filled out even you don't plan on using them. Reading of the name and description of each of them should be enough to fill them all out.

Basically paste in your stock VE/EQ table and it outputs an scaled/extended table in another sheet.
Boost OS Base Table Helper.xlsx
(33.29 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
8. Flash using PCM Hammer (NOTE: OS and Calibration Flash Required Once, and only Calibration Flashes after)

If you are interested in what new features or fixes are being tested I have a development thread you can look at LS1 Boost OS - Development.

I've put a crazy amount of time into this, so I hope people other than me will use it. If you feel like helping out and want to support future updates consider joining my Patreon
Last edited by bubba2533 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2

Post by ShorTuning »

Titties!
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

I can't wait to try this out! Could you please give a little more detail on step 7?
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Phoenix wrote:I can't wait to try this out! Could you please give a little more detail on step 7?
Yeah. I'll give it a shot.

So I wanted to give some sort of base map, but with the limitations of TunerPro it is very generic and will need tuned. But if you want to create your own base map (it will likely be much closer) you will need to spend some time filling out all the tables in the XDF with good/reasonable data.

The biggest issue is the VE table as there is a significant portion that is extended from the stock VE table in my new OS. You can the stock VE table and then extend the values into boost with a simple multiplier. I started on a excel sheet to do the work for you. It's still not perfect, but you can tweak/tune from that and it should be much closer.

The next issue is EQ ratio table. Again it is extended in the new OS and in my spreadsheet it's extended with a simple multiplier.

The rest of the parameters are pretty easy to update, but all of them need to be filled out even you don't plan on using them. Reading of the name and description of each of them should be enough to fill them all out.

Well I finished it up, so let me know if this makes sense. Basically paste in your stock VE/EQ table and it outputs an scaled/extended table in another sheet.
Boost OS Base Table Helper.xlsx
(33.29 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Is it possible to add a scaler to suit the map sensor sensor type?

1 bar
2 bar
3bar
Options?

That way if using a 2 bar you only need to map up to 205kpa instead of having to populate all the way to 375kpa?
As I assume your only scaling the 0 - 5v value over 375kpa of load points?
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Very good point, I guess that's something I forgot to cover.

You will need to separately update the scaling for the MAP sensor if it is changed. The MAP sensor you choose will dictate what those values are and in turn will scale the 0-5 Volt MAP sensor input appropriately.

Using the formula:
MAP (kPa) = ( AD_Count/255 * MAP_Sensor_Scale_Factor) + MAP_Sensor_Offset

The stock MAP sensor values for a 1-bar sensor are:
MAP Sensor Scale Factor- 94.43 (kPa/AD)
MAP Sensor Offset- 10.33 (kPa)

AD_Count- the digital 8 bit value (0-255) the PCM converted the 0-5 Volts into.

Here is the max the above 1 Bar sensor can read:
1 Bar = (255/255 * 94.43) + 10.33 = 104.76 kPa

So if you are running the above 1 Bar you only need to tune the 15-105 kPa parts. And for any other MAP sensor you can plug in the values and determine the maximum reading from the MAP sensor. Other XDF's already have these values defined, so I may not need to add these to mine if a combined XDF is created.
bubba2533

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by bubba2533 »

Updated XDF's to include MAP scaling values needed to upgrade to 2-3 bar map sensors.

Before purchasing a map sensor be sure that these values are available or supplied by the seller (it's usually listed on the website).
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

Couple of questions about set up. Been in the truck for a little bit and seems to works fine. The most I've pushed was 145 kpa for safety l tell I get better fuel pump.
1. On the launch control and ffs can you turn this off with flag or just turn the throttle position up to 101% (that's what I did) seems to work. But stock auto trans has not much use yet.

2. The timing adder for boost, say I want to limit to 12° of timing would I make these numberes negative value? I'm just assuming that with the table name adder. I know efi live this limits the timing to the number in the table say 105kpa 28°, 115kpa 25°...205kpa 12°.

3. The lc timing is it set to the minimum timing allowed? Just curious I'm sure if I have the question others will too.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

1. No flag, so yeah you can do that with throttle position.
2. Yes, negative numbers subtract timing. EFI Live works the same way but they do it with positive numbers (I find that confusing when all stock tables use negative numbers to subtract timing).
3. Not sure I understand the question. It works the same way as the timing adder for boost, but is only active during launch control.
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

3.1 when lc is active, does it start at the timing in the tables and factors for the normal oparation of the motor and its up to me to subtract timing with lc time table or does it just start at a preset timing and the table is for me to dial it in? Wanting to understand how it works.
3.2 does a brake\clutch switch set lc? im running standalone harness and still finding little things i didn't hook up yet.

Ive reseached launch contro; but the amount of time retarded is not mentioned (im assuming engine dependant) so if thats the case i dont know where to start, i know from buying a bobcat that was about 12 degrees btc the exhaust ports spit flames a foot long but after timing to 12 atc the exhaust stopped this and the motor ran cooler and had more power(of coarse it would)