LS1 Boost OS V2.1

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
160plus

Re: LS1 Boost OS V2.1

Post by 160plus »

What is confusing is why is there even talk about using a "user created" operating system with any type of commercial software....especially hp tuners.

If you want to use Hp Tuners....then just use an HPT COS and be done with it. Rewriting how an operating system works and reusing the stock OS number is only going to cause issues down the road for a lot of people. The reason custom OS numbers are used is so that its simple to tell a stock OS from a modified OS.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

To each their own. I was doing it for almost a year before getting enough of a XDF created to use TunerPro for all my tuning.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

bubba2533 wrote:To each their own. I was doing it for almost a year before getting enough of a XDF created to use TunerPro for all my tuning.
I do think a custom OS number is a good thing, just makes it easier to identify, especially in DIY tuning solutions with PCMHammer and LS Droid. Its common for people to post up what their OS number is to find a suitable XDF. If its a stock value but custom OS, well, they are going to be editing the wrong tables :lol:

Happy to lend a hand if needed, although Im sure you know exactly what to change :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
aaronc7
cars: 2003 C5Z
2017 Audi S3

Post by aaronc7 »

My biggest gripe with bin tuning is general is..............tuner pro. Which has led me to use hpt in that past in a hacky manner. I'm trying out EcuEdit right now as a possible alternative (but it costs money...not a big deal. but its also hardware locked which would be a deal breaker for many).
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I thought it got changed to a custom ID already ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

160plus wrote:What is confusing is why is there even talk about using a "user created" operating system with any type of commercial software....especially hp tuners.

If you want to use Hp Tuners....then just use an HPT COS and be done with it. Rewriting how an operating system works and reusing the stock OS number is only going to cause issues down the road for a lot of people. The reason custom OS numbers are used is so that its simple to tell a stock OS from a modified OS.
Because tuner pro sucks and when you have the necessary tools and knowledge to use a better interface that does the same bin editing why not.

I wouldn't use this in a customer vehicle in it's current state anyhow until I had time to run it through it's paces myself. I would also BIN edit the OSID back to what it's supposed to be once finished tuning.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

What is it that you don't like about Tuner Pro?
The author is still working on it, so you might be able to get changes made.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

NSFW wrote:What is it that you don't like about Tuner Pro?
The author is still working on it, so you might be able to get changes made.
Mainly user interface. Graph/table editing festures is the biggest for me. Hpt is just so much more refined with editing and viewing parameters. The hooks it has so you can use filtered math channels in their scanner to apply corrections to tables is a huge time saver too.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

So, I'm curious, are most of you doing your tuning in EFI live or hptuners instead of using tunerpro? I've never tuned, just eliminated vats for custom swaps, so considering using this on a boost build I want to do. Also, I saw a post about RTLS1, is it real time tuning? Anyone using pcmlogger? I haven't tried it yet, but I use vcmscanner and wondering if it's comparable? TIA, and impressive work bubba!
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Cincinnatus wrote:So, I'm curious, are most of you doing your tuning in EFI live or hptuners instead of using tunerpro? I've never tuned, just eliminated vats for custom swaps, so considering using this on a boost build I want to do. Also, I saw a post about RTLS1, is it real time tuning? Anyone using pcmlogger? I haven't tried it yet, but I use vcmscanner and wondering if it's comparable? TIA, and impressive work bubba!
Pretty much all my tuning is done with HPTuners. I use Tunerpro for the Delco ecus, but That's about it. Meaning to try the Boost OS though. Looks fantastic. Just haven't had a chance yet