Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer SOLVED!

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer SOLVED!

Post by MudDuck514 »

ironduke wrote: The batteryies are merely supposed to help out during a programming event in case of some kind of brown out?? In any case after a set of batteries leaked and corroded an mdi I have never put batteries in any of them and haven't had a problem.. The MDI 2 doesn't have batteries, instead it has some sort of super capacitor setup internally.. At least that's what gm training says.. lol

you can't turn it on with batteries, all it does that I am aware of is when you unplug it from the car it sits there and beeps at you to alert you that the batteries are still good, lol..
Hi all;

I don't know if the MDI clones has the same issue as the Tech 2 clones in that the Tech 2 clones seem to reboot when when a vehicle is started while connected to the OBD2 port.

Mike
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer SOLVED!

Post by ironduke »

MudDuck514 wrote:
ironduke wrote: The batteryies are merely supposed to help out during a programming event in case of some kind of brown out?? In any case after a set of batteries leaked and corroded an mdi I have never put batteries in any of them and haven't had a problem.. The MDI 2 doesn't have batteries, instead it has some sort of super capacitor setup internally.. At least that's what gm training says.. lol

you can't turn it on with batteries, all it does that I am aware of is when you unplug it from the car it sits there and beeps at you to alert you that the batteries are still good, lol..
Hi all;

I don't know if the MDI clones has the same issue as the Tech 2 clones in that the Tech 2 clones seem to reboot when when a vehicle is started while connected to the OBD2 port.

Mike
nah, the Tech2's had a 12 volt to 5 volt power supply with a somewhat high brown out voltage.. You'd go to crank and tech2 would reset because the pwr supply dropped out.. If it really bugs you you can take it apart and replace it with a different one.. I had one go back and I hacked one in.. It's soldered onto the main board, I use some wire and kinda made a dead bug install with some double sided tape.. Still working after 5-6 years and the one I installed stopped the reseting during crank, nice little bonus.. lol..

Never had an MDI reset from cranking.. Might have been their intentions though?? In training they stated it was for a just in case scenario, battery backup but in the same sentence the instructor mentioned that not a single MDI in the class had batteries installed in them..