Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer SOLVED!

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer

Post by Gampy »

If one does what you need, why would you need another ... :P :D
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

If the nano will do the SPS, I am good. I rarely need or want it to work but if I need another gadget I'll buy it. I just wanted to verify the nano will do it from someone else that has one. You bought the mdi so I was following your lead :)
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

It works. It is a hassle somewhat. They updated sps at some point to work better with other j2534 interfaces. There is (was) a j2534 wrapper you had to install off GM's website in order for it to work. I've programmed multiple modules and updated modules to newest version of software. It can be done
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Cincinnatus wrote:It works. It is a hassle somewhat. They updated sps at some point to work better with other j2534 interfaces. There is (was) a j2534 wrapper you had to install off GM's website in order for it to work. I've programmed multiple modules and updated modules to newest version of software. It can be done
Cool, Thanky :) I'll check it out on next need.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vcx nano error 126:SOLVED app store DL doesn't work for

Post by antus »

The MDI1 is very good bang for buck. Its the most compatible tool as its the one the OEMs use. I have been very happy with my MDI too. Having said that, the vcx nano is still fine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Re: Vcx nano error 126 using PCM hammer SOLVED!

Post by Gampy »

I forgot to mention that the MDI that I bought and pointed out earlier did come with a possibly fatal flaw.

If you open the battery compartment, the beginning terminal and the ending spring terminal are backwards, the case doesn't fit right because of this so it smashes the spring into the board possibly causing a short ...
It is even clear on the board that they are backwards ... The silk screening shows the spring where the terminal is and the terminal where the spring is... :? :wtf:

I have images, I can't get them ATM, I'll create a thread on this when I can get to the images.

It's not a big deal, I just snipped the plastic case enough to clear the spring so it doesn't get smashed into the board, I have no need for battery power!

It's got an external power jack, it gets powered by the OBDII port ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah Ive never powered mine with anything other than the obd port.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:I forgot to mention that the MDI that I bought and pointed out earlier did come with a possibly fatal flaw.

If you open the battery compartment, the beginning terminal and the ending spring terminal are backwards, the case doesn't fit right because of this so it smashes the spring into the board possibly causing a short ...
It is even clear on the board that they are backwards ... The silk screening shows the spring where the terminal is and the terminal where the spring is... :? :wtf:

I have images, I can't get them ATM, I'll create a thread on this when I can get to the images.

It's not a big deal, I just snipped the plastic case enough to clear the spring so it doesn't get smashed into the board, I have no need for battery power!

It's got an external power jack, it gets powered by the OBDII port ...
The batteryies are merely supposed to help out during a programming event in case of some kind of brown out?? In any case after a set of batteries leaked and corroded an mdi I have never put batteries in any of them and haven't had a problem.. The MDI 2 doesn't have batteries, instead it has some sort of super capacitor setup internally.. At least that's what gm training says.. lol

you can't turn it on with batteries, all it does that I am aware of is when you unplug it from the car it sits there and beeps at you to alert you that the batteries are still good, lol..
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Cincinnatus wrote:... when I choose vcxdiag I get error 126 can't load vcx.dll.
Could you please post a screenshot of this error? I'd like to update the listings in the Windows Store with a description of this problem.

Thanks!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

First page has screen shots of the error message ...