0411 PID's for EGR pintle, AC pressure, fuel pressure

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bobcratchet555
cars: volvo

0411 PID's for EGR pintle, AC pressure, fuel pressure

Post by bobcratchet555 »

hey all,

looking to use my 0411 PCM to monitor three 5V sensors - wideband 02, fuel pressure, and oil pressure. End goal is to add custom PID's to torque app and PCM logger for tuning and monitoring purposes.

does anyone happen to know what PID's the 0411 uses for

EGR pintle position (blue 55) - the internet™ says PID 2811
AC pressure sensor (red 14) - the internet™ says PID 7101
Fuel pressure (red 64) and/or fuel level (red 54) - not sure on these

better yet, is anyone aware of a full list of what PID's are available with the 0411? Might be o/s specific i guess.

Thanks!
gmtech825

Re: 0411 PID's for EGR pintle, AC pressure, fuel pressure

Post by gmtech825 »

I believe that the universal patcher software will tell you the pid's as long as you have a .bin
bobcratchet555

Post by bobcratchet555 »

thanks for the response. i did download the software and was able to view some information about the bin but i'm not quite sure how to view the PID's - can you point me in a direction? Or perhaps i should post the question in the segment swap thread
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

bobcratchet555 wrote:thanks for the response. i did download the software and was able to view some information about the bin but i'm not quite sure how to view the PID's - can you point me in a direction? Or perhaps i should post the question in the segment swap thread
Not sure what to do with it myself but if I open up patcher and open the bin there is a pid tab that shows a bunch of pids.
pids.jpg
pids.jpg (138.48 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
bobcratchet555

Post by bobcratchet555 »

ironduke wrote:
bobcratchet555 wrote:thanks for the response. i did download the software and was able to view some information about the bin but i'm not quite sure how to view the PID's - can you point me in a direction? Or perhaps i should post the question in the segment swap thread
Not sure what to do with it myself but if I open up patcher and open the bin there is a pid tab that shows a bunch of pids.
pids.jpg
Ah, thanks, I see the problem now. There appears to be an issue with the GUI. I do not see those tabs - "log", "debug", ..."PIDs", etc. I just downloaded it from github today.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

You need to open Patcher in Advanced mode ...

When you first Execute UniversalPatcher.exe it opens a UniversalPatcher dialog with 3 mode options, select Advanced, then select button Patcher.

I personally don't understand the logic there, it's an extra form that's in the way ... I'm sure joukoy has a reason, it may have to do with the overwhelming amount of things Universal Patcher can do!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bobcratchet555

Post by bobcratchet555 »

Thanks Gampy. This is what it shows. Looks like something funky in the GUI?
gui_bug.JPG
gui_bug.JPG (223.84 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yea, looks like it ...

I suspect joukoy would like to see that.

Have you tried stretching the size or maxing the window.

When it first opens this is what you should see ... Note the row of tab pages about mid screen.
UniversalPatcher.png
UniversalPatcher.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
[edit]
Sometimes settings go bad, you might try deleting directory
it is safe to delete, it will re-create it upon the next execution of UP.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bobcratchet555

Post by bobcratchet555 »

Gampy wrote:Yea, looks like it ...

I suspect joukoy would like to see that.

Have you tried stretching the size or maxing the window.

When it first opens this is what you should see ... Note the row of tab pages about mid screen.
The attachment UniversalPatcher.png is no longer available
[edit]
Sometimes settings go bad, you might try deleting directory
it is safe to delete, it will re-create it upon the next execution of UP.
thanks Gampy.

So here's what i tried. First deleted the local app data folder as you described. Then i opened the patcher and maximized it. Looked like this:
gui_bug_maximized.JPG
then i went to the github and rolled back to revision 111. Now it looks ike yours and i can see the tabs (including PID list):
gui_version_17_111.JPG
so somewhere betweeen there and the latest version the GUI got messed up. i'll cross post in the thread over there.

now, as for the PID's, i'm a little confused as to what the table is showing. The Internet™ says EGR pintle position is PID 2811 and AC pressure sensor is PID 7101. This table has a few listings for EGR (including one thats linear a/d which would be useful) but the values are nowhere close to 2811 (0x0AFB). One value is 0x114B, another is 0x1152. Am i missing something here?
On the plus side, there are PID's in the table for fuel tank vacuum pressure a/d and fuel level sensor, so those could be useful.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

Gampy wrote:You need to open Patcher in Advanced mode ...

When you first Execute UniversalPatcher.exe it opens a UniversalPatcher dialog with 3 mode options, select Advanced, then select button Patcher.

I personally don't understand the logic there, it's an extra form that's in the way ... I'm sure joukoy has a reason, it may have to do with the overwhelming amount of things Universal Patcher can do!

-Enjoy
I am trying to make it easy to use for beginners.
Should I add selection: start directly to tuner or patcher?