Using map volts to log boost?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: Using map volts to log boost?

Post by bubba2533 »

Boostedforlife wrote: If it's a linear problem I don't think I can fix that. It's the cheap efi source plug and play 3bar. But they don't give a datasheet to look at. But it's cheap so can't expect much. They say it's a 0-305 koa sensor with a 1.11 offset also seen 315 with 3.xx but to get my baro pressure right I have 310.xx and a 9.Xx offset.
The lowest I've seen on the motor is .25 volts and the highest is 2.02v. with my inaccurate figure it's 132 kpa which just give me an idea but it's a start right. I see the problem now with using volts it's just so many variables in sensors but it will give you an idea of where you are. Not prefect but better then nothing.
I'm using the same efi source 3bar map and had a similar problem with seeing multiple values listed. My next one will probably buy will be a factory GM 3 bar sensor that was for the LSA/LS9 (Part# 12592525).

Multiple sources show that to be:
MAP_Sensor_Scale_Factor = 312.5
MAP_Sensor_Offset = -11.25

On top of the fact that it's an OEM supplied sensor, so it should be reliable and consistent from sensor to sensor.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thanks for that! Ive given the request a thumbs up but I'll let NSFW check and approve the merge as its his app and he knows the code where as I dont.

edit: and its merged :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

bubba2533 wrote:I'm using the same efi source 3bar map and had a similar problem with seeing multiple values listed. My next one will probably buy will be a factory GM 3 bar sensor that was for the LSA/LS9 (Part# 12592525).

Multiple sources show that to be:
MAP_Sensor_Scale_Factor = 312.5
MAP_Sensor_Offset = -11.25

On top of the fact that it's an OEM supplied sensor, so it should be reliable and consistent from sensor to sensor.
I thought about that sensor too. But I've read that the negative offset is allowed in p01/59 pcm's is this true?
Or was that just a HP tuner issues I have read that hp tunner did fix the issue in newer release. Just don't want to brick a second pcm. Granted the first was with a BDM and 1m file in the 512 pcm. Before pcm Hammer was released. Learned a valuable lesson. One folder for 1m bin, one folder for 512kb bins.

Thanks for the addresses I'll try and work out the ram stuff. I little but of a pain in the butt to get it to work.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

A negative offset is allowed.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.