PCM Logger CSV and EFI Analytics MegaLogViewer SOLVED!

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Boostedforlife

PCM Logger CSV and EFI Analytics MegaLogViewer SOLVED!

Post by Boostedforlife »

[Mod Edit] Solved: See PCM Logger CSV and EFI Analytics MegaLogViewer

In pcm logger I can open the CSV file in megalog viewer. But before I do I have to delete the clock time column before it will register the time from the elapsed time. I think I can just change the clock column to date and be fine. How would I do that I don't know see this in the XML files so I figure it's in the code that does this?

Just a pain to do this to every file. I've tried change the standardized field names and just going in a changing column a, clock time to date seems to eliminate the problem as well.
Gampy

Re: PCM Logger XML

Post by Gampy »

Boostedforlife wrote:In pcm logger I can open the CSV file in megalog viewer. But before I do I have to delete the clock time column before it will register the time from the elapsed time. I think I can just change the clock column to date and be fine. How would I do that I don't know see this in the XML files so I figure it's in the code that does this?
Could you please attach a short Original log, and a short modified log so I can look into this for you easier.

[edit]
Is it the Column Name that is the issue ??
So if it's changed from "Clock Time" -> "Date" it will work ??

I'll go find Megalog Viewer and see if they publish the expected format ...

[edit2]
It appears they do not advertise the expected file format on their site.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Boostedforlife

Re: PCM Logger CSV and EFI Analytics MegaLogViewer

Post by Boostedforlife »

Yes the column name if changed from Clock time to Date, log viewer works fine but if you leave it Clock time it piles all the data on top of itself ( can't watch the log in playback mod).

It'd not a huge deal but would make ve street tuning a little faster. Because of the ability to make your histograms and scatter plots change table size and choose your data for x,y,z and filter by hit count is why I'm working on getting it to work properly.

I'll post logs tonight laptop is not with me at the moment.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Boostedforlife wrote:Yes the column name if changed from Clock time to Date, log viewer works fine but if you leave it Clock time it piles all the data on top of itself ( can't watch the log in playback mod).

It'd not a huge deal but would make ve street tuning a little faster. Because of the ability to make your histograms and scatter plots change table size and choose your data for x,y,z and filter by hit count is why I'm working on getting it to work properly.

Simple change that I don't think anyone would mind ...

PM'd testbuild,
All that has been done is the Column Name was changed from,
Clock Time
to
Date
Let me know if that solves the issue, I would like to know if it will accept something like,
Date Time
Thank you!
-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

opened and saved log unchanged.png
opened and saved log unchanged.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
Gampy wrote:
Boostedforlife wrote:Yes the column name if changed from Clock time to Date, log viewer works fine but if you leave it Clock time it piles all the data on top of itself ( can't watch the log in playback mod).

Simple change that I don't think anyone would mind ...

PM'd testbuild,
All that has been done is the Column Name was changed from,
Clock Time
to
Date
Let me know if that solves the issue, I would like to know if it will accept something like,
Date Time
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Okay i testes it and got the same problem. i found though if I save the file even without change it works not sure why i took one log and opened it and saved it as (file name2) then it worked. got me thinking that maybe the changes i made didnt matter so i opened one with the clocktime column name just saved no change and it works as well. just never save an file I opened that i didnt change, why would i need to. just weird. ill attach the files and a graph images of both files open in the log viewer.

the way it works you can make your standardizes field name from any thing. most of the pid names are prefilled with common used names like ECT has (ECT, Engine Temp, Coolant, ect.) you can go in and change, add, and or remove ones you dont want. I can screenshot the menu if you want.

So any ideas I dont think its changing the file type by just saving it.

the csv file ending in 2 is the saves unchanged file
Attachments
20210810_1908_FuelTrims2.csv
(69.29 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
20210810_1908_FuelTrims.csv
(101.95 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
unsaved log.png
unsaved log.png (7.57 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

So, if I understand correctly, all you need to do is record the log, open it in your editor, save the log, then open it in MegaLogViewer and it works ??

What are you using for an editor ??

Same line from the two different files ...
2021-08-10 19:08:01Z, 00:00:00.1257994, 537.50, 4.22, 90.00, 0.00, 0.00, -5.47, 0.00, 32.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1.00, 0.00
2021-08-10 19:08:01Z, 00:00:00.1257994,537.5,4.22,90,0,0,-5.47,0,32,0,0,1,0
Two differences ...

1) No space between comma and value
2) Values are Zero truncated ...
i.e.
. . 0.00 to 0
or
. . 4.00 to 4

I've PM'd you a test build that has the spaces removed ...

However, I suspect it's the Zero's that are causing the issue and for that all you need to do is change the 'format' specifier in the XML files ...
For example in Parameters.Standard.xml

Code: Select all

<Parameter
        id="0003"
        name="Fueling Mode"
        description=""	
        storageType="uint8"
        bitMapped="False">
        <Conversion units="Raw" expression="x" format="0.00" />
    </Parameter>
to

Code: Select all

<Parameter
        id="0003"
        name="Fueling Mode"
        description=""	
        storageType="uint8"
        bitMapped="False">
        <Conversion units="Raw" expression="x" format="0.##" />
    </Parameter>
Please test individually so we know for sure exactly what the issue is ... Thank you!

Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

I did use the test build you sent me. It was the same problem save the log it fine don't save and you get the unsaved graphs no data to review.

I'm using excel to edit the logs newest version I do believe.

I will test the next test this evening. Hope it's that easy of a fix. Sorry for all the extra steps. Some learn by reading I learn by getting in there and getting my hand on the problem and trail and error method.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

No apologies necessary ... it's why I'm here.

I am learning as well ... In fact I have just learned something because of you! (you'll see a post from me shortly in the PCM Logger XML thread).

So, the boat floats both ways!

Yea, Excel truncates the values ... I suspect that is what the issue is, changing the Conversion format from
<Conversion units="Raw" expression="x" format="0.00" />
to
should solve that.

-Enjoy

Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

Sweet the notepad++ is a huge help on seeing what the file does. i changed a few formats to

<Parameter
id="0003"
name="Fueling Mode"
description=""
storageType="uint8"
bitMapped="False">
</Parameter>

will test this evening and let you know.
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

This is an update on the test. With the format (0.##) the mega log viewer will not load the file at all i get this
Screenshot (12).png
so I screen shotted the delimiter options here
Screenshot (14).png
In the other delimiter option it allows you to define your own values
Screenshot (17).png
I've tried all kind for things in here just dont know what they want. tried 0.##, 0.00, (0.##), "0.##", "0.00" What else?

Side note with the format (0.##) even with saving in excel it still wont load