Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be updated"

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be updated"

Post by Windsma »

Recently I have moved laptops, I uploaded all bins and xdfs to google drive. And since have redownloaded xdfs from original source.

error reads
"Error - One or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing, etc, for validity"

were do I start?
i could not find a plugin folder for the most recent tunerpro program files.
Same xdfs have been flawless for the past 2 years.
Windsma

Re: Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be upda

Post by Windsma »

Just picked up my old laptop.
checksumplugin.dll 18kb last modified 6/5/2018 works perfectly
checksumplugin.dll 11kb last modified 5/18/2021 causes error

same bin. and xdf download, works on one laptop wont work on the other.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Which version of tunerpro are you using? I've been using the checksum dll's from here https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-plugins

I believe it was antus that write the original ones, then someone else copied them and removed the copywrite/nsfw info and tried selling them or something?

The ones I use seem to work fine but most of my work is with the E38 ecu which uses a different dll..

Edited to correct original author of the checksum dll file..
Last edited by ironduke on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windsma

Post by Windsma »

error laptop is tuner pro v5.0 build 5.00.9332.00 XDF version 2016-11 (OS12208322)xdf from github
old working laptop tuner pro v5.0 build 5.009159.00 same XDF above (view/edit xdf header info) will not open to give version number. Password required, password never known. click ok. nothing.

uninstalled tunerpro and reinstalled. Same problem.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Someone smarter than I will have to help you, lol..
I downloaded a bin with OS12208322 and built an XDF using universal patcher and it worked ok for me as far as checksums, some small issues with changing DTC's when I tried, but sent off a message about that already..

I then tried opening/using the 12208322 xdf found at github(https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner) . Not sure if you found it somewhere else?
That did crash on me with my checksum dll files until I went into the XDF(view XDF header info) and pointed each segment to my checksum dll.. pic of what I changed is below.
checksum.jpg
checksum.jpg (174.38 KiB) Viewed 6399 times
I am guessing here that the xdf you've been using was written for the oldr checksum dll.. Either keep on using that one or change the xdf's to accomodate the other/newer? one..
Oh, since I was playing around I used Universal Patcher to make an XDF and I'll include it here.. I changed a few things that I found wrong and fixed them.. This XDf uses the checksum dll from the link I posted earlier..
12208322-generated.xdf
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 238 times
Windsma

Post by Windsma »

Thanks for confirming im not going crazy.

I plan to move everything over with a thumbdrive later today. I hope thats the easy answer.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah I wrote the original plugins and some tool seller on ebay hacked it up and made a real mess of things in the community. Im semi-retired on building new stuff but joukoy is active in the community and producing high quality stuff, so its good to use his tools these days where you have options.

The gotcha with tunerpro is you need the right checksum plugin with the UUID internally that matches your XDF (but you cant see this in the case of locked XDFs). And if the checksum dll needs any particular microsoft runtimes you need the right version installed on the PC too.

In general tunerpro can update checksums for calibration segments without a plugin. The plugin is only needed for the operating system segment to workaround that the segment is not contiguous end to end and tunerpro only has a start and end address in XDF, eg you cant put in a list of start/stop addresses that make up the operating system segment. And you only need to update the operating system segment checksum if the XDF has code patches to add or remove features in the OS code.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

antus wrote:Yeah I wrote the original plugins and some tool seller on ebay hacked it up and made a real mess of things in the community. Im semi-retired on building new stuff but joukoy is active in the community and producing high quality stuff, so its good to use his tools these days where you have options.

The gotcha with tunerpro is you need the right checksum plugin with the UUID internally that matches your XDF (but you cant see this in the case of locked XDFs). And if the checksum dll needs any particular microsoft runtimes you need the right version installed on the PC too.

In general tunerpro can update checksums for calibration segments without a plugin. The plugin is only needed for the operating system segment to workaround that the segment is not contiguous end to end and tunerpro only has a start and end address in XDF, eg you cant put in a list of start/stop addresses that make up the operating system segment. And you only need to update the operating system segment checksum if the XDF has code patches to add or remove features in the OS code.
Thanks for correcting me so nicely, lol.. sorry I got the original creator wrong, I edited my original post to correct my error.. I have no idea on UUID, I just figured the XDF was written for a different dll and the newer dll doesn't answer to the same calls?? no idea, just guessing.. lol
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

I ran into that message this weekend. I just disabled the checksum correction and used universal patcher to fix the checksums after the bin was edited.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

These are the commends in the tunerpro checksum plugin SDK. The shown UUID is the one from LS1 Checksum Plugin v1.1 which did all the good things. The XDF is tied to a particular plugin by matching this UUID. Having several plugins now with various capabilities means its a mess to know which one and XDF is expecting and which one(s) you have.

Code: Select all

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Every checksum plug-in needs to have a unique identifier. This identifier allows
// TunerPro to determine if the plug-in has already been loaded. Every time you create
// a new checksum plug-in DLL, you should create a new GUID to uniquely identify it.
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define PLUGIN_GUID     "9A53F577-D1C9-40C6-8691-7A54FA789D3A"
The box in red saves the plugins UUID in to the XDF. So for this checksum to work the matching dll much be available on the system when it loads the XDF. Because you cant see the UUID easily in the XDF or in the DLL it gets hard if your not supplied the XDF with the DLL at the same time, or you dont store them that way in your archives when you need to install to a new pc.
the plugin module name is a UUID internally.jpg
the plugin module name is a UUID internally.jpg (154.26 KiB) Viewed 6156 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396