Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be updated"

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Re: Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be upda

Post by Windsma »

I gave up on tuning because of these checksum errors.
I've almost complted my turbo ls build and thought I would give it another go.

Same damn errors. All updated versions of tunerpro and plugins.
Gampy suggested using Universal Patcher but im not interested in learning a new interface.
If I cant get tunerpro to work properly im going to give up and buy HPT

current .bin im working with is the 7603 p59
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Windsma wrote:I gave up on tuning because of these checksum errors.
I've almost complted my turbo ls build and thought I would give it another go.

Same damn errors. All updated versions of tunerpro and plugins.
Gampy suggested using Universal Patcher but im not interested in learning a new interface.
If I cant get tunerpro to work properly im going to give up and buy HPT

current .bin im working with is the 7603 p59
I'm attaching the newest version on the 7603 XDF along with the plugin for the checksum. Make sure to copy the DLL file to your Tunerpro "Plugins" folder. That should automatically take care of your checksum issue.

You can still use Tunerpro to edit your bin, just save with the incorrect checksums, then open the bin in Universal Patcher and just save it, no need to do anything else, it will automatically fix the checksums for you.
Attachments
12587603 - Release 2023-02-26.zip
(178.6 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Ken

Post by Ken »

antus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:45 pmThe box in red saves the plugins UUID in to the XDF. So for this checksum to work the matching dll much be available on the system when it loads the XDF. Because you cant see the UUID easily in the XDF or in the DLL it gets hard if your not supplied the XDF with the DLL at the same time, or you dont store them that way in your archives when you need to install to a new pc.
Didn't I just work that out the hard way.

I started rewriting an xdf from scratch for my series II WH Caprice, with the goal of making it the most completed xdf
available for my rig, then completely edit all settings from the 2004 285kw tune into my original saved tune.
A lot of work, I know, was aiming at fixing random issues I have with the VY tune where odd things randomly stop working.

I wrote the XDF on one laptop, transferred it to my dedicated tuning laptop, only to find the OS checksum plugin wasn't playing
the game, I started rewriting a new header with the intention of copy/pasting from the first XDF to the second, though figured
I'd do a winmerge comparison before doing such, then realised the plugin I sourced from the non tuning laptop differed from
the other.
Diff_P01_Modules.PNG
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: Tuner pro "Error-One or more checksums could not be updated"

Post by hjtrbo »

Dog of a thing that uuid. I love win merge. I seldom use hexhd any more.