Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Holden202T

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Holden202T »

thats interesting, stock jeep dizzy is perfect for the conversion!
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

Holden202T wrote:thats interesting, stock jeep dizzy is perfect for the conversion!

Well you do need to rotate the trigger wheel. It's held in place with a roll pin. I just knocked it out and redrilled the plastic collar that holds it in place.
I set the dizzy in the engine, with it at TDC #1. Then I positioned the trigger wheel where it should be just entering the pickup. I marked it and drilled it for the roll pin.
Like I said, I just guessed where it needed to be. :thumbup:
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

Ok, I may have an issue with my computer. The "high speed cooling fan relay control" wire from the computer is not turning the fan on. It's wire # 33 in the green plug. It should ground the relay and turn the fan on at the set temp. When the engine gets to the set temp the relay clicks on and off repeatedly.
I've tried three different relays with the same result.

If I put my voltmeter on the wire it shows no voltage from battery neg to the wire. With battery pos to the wire it shows full battery voltage. Which is what it should show.
But when I hook the fan up it just clicks on and off repeatedly.

Do you think the circuit in the computer can be bad and give these symptoms?
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

I got it. It was switched wrong in the tune.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This a great thread. Nothing to add, just wanted to give a thumbs up and let you know that your groundwork is awesome and I think a lot of people will emulate this, whether its on Jeeps, or other 6 cylinder engines. Thanks for shareing! :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

antus wrote:This a great thread. Nothing to add, just wanted to give a thumbs up and let you know that your groundwork is awesome and I think a lot of people will emulate this, whether its on Jeeps, or other 6 cylinder engines. Thanks for shareing! :thumbup:
I've been on this site for almost 3 years now and I've learned a lot just from reading.
I really like the way members jump in to help people that are having issues.

I am planning to do a similar mod to my 87 YJ. It has a factory TBI on it now. But I'm planning to change it to port fuel injection.
I also plan to run it on a 0411 and a V8 tune. That way I can run coil near plug.
Anyway I'll post it when I do get started on it.

Thanks to all the members who have helped me with this. :punk:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Please share any future builds we love seeing these newer ECU used in new ways
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

Thorwon wrote:So I got the O2 sensor hooked up today and on the short test run I made it really helped it. I'll be driving it about 60 miles tomorrow, so we'll see how it does.
I'm running one O2 with it hooked to the input to both bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. I'm using bank 1 sensor 1 12v to heat it. I turned the DTC off for the other O2.
I've also got the fans running off the computer. :punk:
So depending on which OS you have there are settings in the bin to determine whether it is a banked engine or single bank engine. Dual bank is the default obviously in which case the injector bank assignment is then used to determine which injectors are adjusted to which bank. Setting the dual bank mode to disable/off then assigning all of the injectors to bank 1 will force all fuel trim corrections to the bank 1 sensor and adjust PW for all the injectors assigned on bank 1.
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

ShorTuning wrote:
Thorwon wrote:So I got the O2 sensor hooked up today and on the short test run I made it really helped it. I'll be driving it about 60 miles tomorrow, so we'll see how it does.
I'm running one O2 with it hooked to the input to both bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. I'm using bank 1 sensor 1 12v to heat it. I turned the DTC off for the other O2.
I've also got the fans running off the computer. :punk:
So depending on which OS you have there are settings in the bin to determine whether it is a banked engine or single bank engine. Dual bank is the default obviously in which case the injector bank assignment is then used to determine which injectors are adjusted to which bank. Setting the dual bank mode to disable/off then assigning all of the injectors to bank 1 will force all fuel trim corrections to the bank 1 sensor and adjust PW for all the injectors assigned on bank 1.
Thanks for the info. I had this info given to me on another forum. The PCM I ended up using is a P59 with OS 12587603. So it has this capability.
When I made these changes It didn't like it at all. lol
It started running really rich and sounded like it had a dead miss when it was accelerating.
I know the change shouldn't make it do that but it did.