PCM Hammer Release 19

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Re: PCM Hammer Release 19

Post by Phoenix »

I'm having a problem using the OBDX Pro VT v2 on PCMHammer 019. I'm getting an "Unable to initialize OBDX Pro on COM8" message. I'm attaching the Debug Log.

I followed the instructions to download and install the drivers and I tried it with LSDroid for Windows on another laptop and I was able to read a bin from my PCM. I'm not able to install LSDroid for Windows on this laptop as it's my work computer and I'm not allowed to make exceptions to the virus scanner, so it always flags the installation file. What could I try?
Attachments
2022-01-18 OBDX Pro VT v2 Unable to initialize.txt
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

This is not a PcmHammer issue.

Tazzi is the one for help with the OBDX Pro VT, I'm sure he'll be along a bit later ...

However, it looks as if your system could use some Ports cleanup ... If interested here are the steps, If not maybe someone else will use the info!

For Windows versions less then 10.
Find the "Command Prompt" shortcut and Right-Click on it,
Select: Run as administrator
If required, Enter: Password
At the command prompt type (or copy paste) the following two commands,
set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
devmgmt.msc
For Windows 10 and greater ...
In the Search box type
devmgmt
and select Device Manager.
When Device Manager opens,
Select: View
Select: Show hidden devices
. . In the Device Manager Tree view,
Expand: Ports (COM & LPT)
. . On any ports you want to remove,
Select: Right Click
Select: Uninstall
. . In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog,
Un-Check: Delete the driver software for this device
Select: Ok

The next time you plug the device in, it will re-install ...

I personally Uninstall all virtual COM ports and just allow them to reinstall in the specific order I plug the devices back in ... That way I get what I want on the ports I want them on.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

I uninstalled the drivers, restarted my computer and re-installed the drivers. That seemed to work! Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awesome!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

I wanted to note that if I read a PCM in a vehicle (I'm using a nano), sometimes it will read fairly quickly, though it caused multiple comm errors from modules in vehicle, but other times the read rate will slow to the point that it might take 10-15 mins to read. I'll abort and retry the read and it doesn't always slow down. I've noticed it's worse with p59s. Never had this issue with hpt reading. I've never tried to write in vehicle because of this. I'm not bitching, just wondering what they're doing different. I assume a log of what they or gm does has been studied? I know there is command used to quiet other modules, though it doesn't seem to get them to wait for read to finish.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think it might be a problem with your interface. Normally the silence modules works fine (though that does trigger errors, as the modules are not communicating while the flash is in progress) and reads should be full speed. Cant really say any more without logs. Post up the debug tab log if you want us to take a look. We should be able to see if the pcm is just slow to respond, or if there are any kind of errors reported.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Cincinnatus
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Ok, if I can get one of those new obdx pro vx, I'll test it to compare
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

post up a debug log either way, it'll be telling.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

If you have two VCI's and a splitter (y cable, or even alligator jumpers), joukoy's Universal Patcher has a great VPW logger, it would be very informative ...

Always use the fastest VCI for logging, the slowest for sending/receiving ... unless you can lock them both into 1x.

Cincinnatus
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Gampy, I don't have another vci yet (but I do want to do some logging like you suggested), but I was thinking, I'm using a custom version of PCMhammer that you made for me (I think you added some extra debugging) when we were trying to solve my nano not working when I used the MS app store dl of PCMhammer. Would that cause the issues? Regardless I'll update to newest and test. Been reading up on assembly, definitely interested in trying to help